S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Help needed! - J's Tsuchinoko Intake Install

Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed! - J's Tsuchinoko Intake Install

Hi all,

I posted this in the UK forum, but didn't get solutions to my specific problems, so thought I would repost here in the hope of getting some more advice!

I have FINALLY had my J's racing Tsuchinoko intake delivered, and thought that I would be able to do the install myself (having done a few induction kits in my time), but this thing is freaking me out, and wondered if someone more knowledgable than me could help me out?

I have a few issues that I need to get my head around. The main one is the fact that it appears that the set of 4 metal pipes connecting vacuum hoses to various parts of the intake/sensors needs to come out. Am I right in thinking that I can remove this, so long as I fit lengths of hose to keep the same configuration?

Secondly, and this may only be able to be answered by someone who actually has the kit - the large pipe that connects directly to the throttle body has two connections for larger pipes, but only the inner one has a metal connector - the outer one is just a rubber bung with a hole. Is this correct, or is there the metal connector piece missing? I hope not, as I had to wait 2 and a half months for the kit, so gawd knows how long a replacement part would take!

Lastly, the v-shaped bracket that I assume is supposed to support the main intake pipe doesn't appear to reach high enough to meet the corresponding hole on the actual intake. There is a rubber mounting included in the kit, so I just wondered if this goes in between?

Apologies for the noob-ish questions - The instructions are in Japanese, and there are not many pictures! Also, every decent picture I have seen of a finished Tsuchinoko install is different!

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to give!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey man, I have this intake and installed it myself. I deleted all of those metal hose stuff when I did my K&N intake. I have a hose going from my valve cover to the intake. I also have that hose coming from emissions pump up in the front bumper- brain just took a dump. I tried to look for you, next time the search feature can help you alot faster... As far as the part that braces it, you might have it backwards? Not too sure, I would have to be there to see it. I think I ran into the same problem and I had to mess with my fitment.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/542...#entry19490284

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/707...#entry16424535