S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

GT Wing Fiberglass Molded Stands

Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT Wing Fiberglass Molded Stands

I rarely post here but in the process of installing my APR GTC 300 wing I realized what has been itching at me about GT wings, I do not like the look of how the base/stands meet the trunk. I have been analyzing more high end cars like the GT3, RWB Porsches, and many others that use large GT wings incorporated into their design. There are two points that seem to stand out that provide a higher end look with large wings, they are some portion of the wing being color matched to the body (be it end plates, the wing itself, the stands, or some combo, and the wing stands being more shapely and incorporated as part of or shapely to the body.

I want to create wing stand "covers" that are body colored and will flow with the trunk lines/hips of the s2000 and incorporate the wing stands into them. Maybe a clam shell design or slip through design that carries halfway up the stand. I think it will bring a more OEM+ look to the wing and help it flow better with the car.
I am sorry if this image was stolen from someone here, I am using as reference but will pull off if needed:

If you look at the green S2K you can see where the peak of each rear fender drops significantly towards the trunk. I would like to potentially carry that body line up the wing stand and have it attach to the stand and rest with a gasket on the trunk/hover over the fender when closed. I believe this will give the wing a very finished, and more complete look.

I was curious if anyone has thought of this or done this with the s2000 or any other vehicles with GT wings?