S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Greddy Ti-C not straight

Old 11-26-2008, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Ti-C not straight

Hey people,

I have a silly problem that's driving me nutts!! My greddy exhaust isnt straight, as you can see from the pic below the right pipe sits too high (or the left pipe sits too low) i cannot work out which one is correct.

Ive tried universal exhaust rubber hangers to fix the problem, and every set i buy either makes the right pipe too high or too low, I can never get it exact!

Anyone had this issue before? Any good suggestions on how to sort it?

More information:

The exhaust was 2nd hand
It DIDNT come with the rubber hangers, I had to use the stock ones.
At the moment i am using 3 stock hangers.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm... cut the left hanger a little bit, and re weld and hang it back up.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by wisdom,Nov 26 2008, 02:34 PM
Hmm... cut the left hanger a little bit, and re weld and hang it back up.
good advice but not everyone has the tools to do this easily.

I have heard of this problem with the greddy ti-c exhaust. I would suggest playing with the hangers more, especially the triangular ones from the OEM exhaust. If you put them sideways and only use 2 of the holes it gives you a lot more adjustability.

if that doesn't work, do as the person above suggested. You might have to take it off and to a metal or exhaust shop of some sort though.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM

i had this exact problem on my invidia v3 when i owned it.

i messed with the hangers above the mufflers and busted my ass trying to get it all straightened, but the left muffler was always lower.

turns out i had to adjust the hanger up towards the front of the car, up towards the cat. i just messed with it and within 5 mins my mufflers were both straight. after running with my mufflers somewhat crooked for about a year lol.

i made sure to pay attention to that one hanger up near the car when i recently installed another dual exhaust on my vehicle, everything is still straight.

i dunno this may not be your problem, but why would it be when i usually hear of Ti-C owners talking about how much they like their exhausts, not about how crooked they are. would your exhaust or car be that defective 1%? i would mess with the front hanger before cutting anything, but thats just me
Old 11-26-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession,Nov 26 2008, 01:07 PM
good advice but not everyone has the tools to do this easily.

I have heard of this problem with the greddy ti-c exhaust. I would suggest playing with the hangers more, especially the triangular ones from the OEM exhaust. If you put them sideways and only use 2 of the holes it gives you a lot more adjustability.

if that doesn't work, do as the person above suggested. You might have to take it off and to a metal or exhaust shop of some sort though.
Thanks for the advice, I will have another play this weekend to see if I can get it right, although im sure I have exhausted all combinations of hangers. I wonder if someone sells adjustable metal hangers?

The exhaust sounds awesome and looks ok (excluding the uneven pipes), but I have lost 5whp with it and im kinda looking at singles.

Ill see how it goes.