S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

GPFab product installs/reviews

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the +63 17x9 with the 255's, at all four. Had some rubbing in the front under compression before I put on my coilovers. Now it's minimal. I have sway bars waiting to go on to hopefully get rid of the rubbing for good.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any DBW guys install theres? I having a really hard time getting it to clear the DBW throttle body and I have to remove the bracket that holds the ABS cable/brake booster line. Also when I tighten the back braket down it gets angled to the back of the car so much that I can no longer get the back to screws in.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want a diffuser but can't decide. I like the meaty look of the js, spoon..etc but like the price of gp

Any chance you'd make something thick/better looking?
I like it but it just ends up looking like strips of aluminum hanging down. If the fins were thicker? It would be nice.

Maybe I should try to design something if that's ok.
I'm no engineer but inn a designer. Surely I can draw out what I want it to look like. Lol
Old 10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by donaldmejr
any DBW guys install theres? I having a really hard time getting it to clear the DBW throttle body and I have to remove the bracket that holds the ABS cable/brake booster line. Also when I tighten the back braket down it gets angled to the back of the car so much that I can no longer get the back to screws in.

I recently did a local install on a DBW car, its easiest if you remove the cruise control bracket and re-mount the throttle line to the bracket in the rear included with the kit. I was able to make the front fit pretty well by lifting the front brackets as high as they would go, although I can see room for improvement on the clearance around the FBW throttle body. If you would like to return the panel, I can send you a new one with better relief in this area.

As for the diffuser comment above, you may want to consider mounting the diffuser out past the bumper, the diffuser has adjustment for mounting, it tends to look more frail when its mounted flush, if it juts out a bit more it has the appearance of being more robust.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 PM

[quote name='gpfabrication' timestamp='1320087180' post='21116178']
[quote name='donaldmejr' timestamp='1319941664' post='21113162']

I recently did a local install on a DBW car, its easiest if you remove the cruise control bracket and re-mount the throttle line to the bracket in the rear included with the kit. I removed the bracket all together. I not sure what you mean remounting the throttle line?

I was able to make the front fit pretty well by lifting the front brackets as high as they would go, although I can see room for improvement on the clearance around the FBW throttle body. If you would like to return the panel, I can send you a new one with better relief in this area. I already cut better relief in the area so I doubt I could return it.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 AM

The mounting hardware IS aluminum, so it allows for some movement or slight bending to get the perfect fit, mine didnt sit near right when i just bolted it all on there, i had to mess around a little bit with it, but its all on great now. I bolted all the mounts, and then i bolted the master cyl side first, then pressed it down into place on the other two spots. worked fine for me! lol, non-dbw wins every time!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

I will be making changes on the brackets to make everything a little easier. The key is to install everything loose, get it where you want it, and tighten everything down.

My wording was a bit off on your question Donald. You definitely don't want to remove the throttle line, but like you did, the bracket. To support it again you can attach it to the included BMC bracket.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 AM

Bump for more pictures of side parts from farther away

Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I received and installed the rear diffuser and side pieces and am very pleased with the outcome. The attached photos show the installation on a 2006 AP2 with a Greddy SE Dual Exhaust. The fitment was spot on. Jordan immediately responded to a side piece installation question. Note: the side pieces require a slight pulling up of the outside of the rear bumper. Honestly, I bought it primarily because of the looks. I think it just looks wicked. I have driven it at speed and not sure of enhanced stability performance. I have also installed Jordan’s strut bar, heat shield, and cooling plate and am pleased with the quality.

GO TO THE GALLERY AND LOOK AT DRAGONDIDG RECENTLY ADDED ALBUM FOR FULL SIZE PHOTOS.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/a...44-dragondidg/
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Cool deal^ Glad you like em, i am about to hit him up for the tow hitch lol

Quick Reply: GPFab product installs/reviews