S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Fumoto valves

Old 09-21-2009, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shotgunjimmy,Sep 21 2009, 09:42 AM
is there any way to use mechanics wire to secure this from backing out?
I feel kinda confident that it wont back out since I've had the Fumoto several months now. However, I'm not going to suggest that anyone become complacent regarding this valve or even the OEM bolt. Peace of mind can come easy though because you can see and feel the Fumoto as often as you like by simply looking and reaching down and putting your hand on the valve everytime you have your hood open. I still do this and will continue to do this for as long as I own the car. After all, doing this is easier than checking the oil level.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prelude99,Sep 17 2009, 07:49 AM
Anyone do autocross or track events with these valves?
it'll be fine

i spun out in mud at the track and that valve stayed on there in the locked position while mud was getting stuck/piling up in places u'd never thought would happen
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I track my car with this. I trust it as much as the oil cap and filter rotating off. More trust really since the fit is good. Check all three and nothing bad will happen.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JackS,Sep 21 2009, 11:07 AM
I feel kinda confident that it wont back out since I've had the Fumoto several months now. However, I'm not going to suggest that anyone become complacent regarding this valve or even the OEM bolt. Peace of mind can come easy though because you can see and feel the Fumoto as often as you like by simply looking and reaching down and putting your hand on the valve everytime you have your hood open. I still do this and will continue to do this for as long as I own the car. After all, doing this is easier than checking the oil level.
The best biggest difference IMO is your risk (if any) of leak/failure/over torquing starts over again everytime you take out the OEM drain bolt.

Where if the Fumoto is installed correctly the first time. You're less likely to have any other problems in the future.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for a couple years and love being able to do a complete oil/filter change without jacking the car up. I access both drain valve and filter from the engine compartment (with bone stock intake system), just need to remove my watch to fit my forearm down there. Oil drains out slowly, so I start the draining before digging out my filter (always have spares) and filter wrench. Soup to nuts in 15 minutes...
Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed mine back in early 2002!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=0&#entry817258

I have tracked and gone off track several times and have never had a problem with the valve. If you are worried about it getting hit by road debris (and you should be) I suggest getting a Spoon or Spoon style x-brace. An x-brace with the same configuration as the Spoon x-brace actually makes a very symbiotic relationship with the drain valve. The x-brace protects the drain valve from road debris and the drain valve with nipple drain your oil without it spilling it all over the x-brace.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:30 PM

valve gets a 10/10 for me. it doesnt really bother me that the lever is not in 12 oclock position, ive never had a problem with it on the s2k or mazda.

as far as the extra oil left in the pan, i just pour in a little bit of new oil to get some of the last bit out. but in the end, the amount left in there wont matter much.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:49 PM

tracked with it. everything is a-ok
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 PM

my valve is at the 6 o'clock position. meaning, the valve is on the bottom. i don't think its a problem now but im curious if it will be one when i lower the car (which is soon). does anybody else have theres sitting like that, i didn't add a crush washer but i did use the gaskets that were supplied.

Quick Reply: Fumoto valves