S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Fumoto valves

Old 09-14-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fumoto valves

HI everyone,

heres my review of the 2 fumoto valves i bought from Joey. i got them from

http://www.js2k.com

Cars, 2004 s2K and a 89 subaru justy.

overall i give them a 7.5 out of 10. 10 being it made my life so easy, and the parts were so well made i shit my pants i loved em so much.

they install easily, and fit well but heres where my complaints start.

1. provide a metal/aluminum drain plug gasket. most of us wont change it out for atleast 1-2 oil changes + so give us a little better than paper even if it costs a dollar more.

2. the orientation of the valve. the valve "switch" is not always on top. i lucked out that on the s2000 it is ontop, but my justy, not so lucky. its at the "5-oclock" position virtually upside down. kinda annoying when you go to change the oil and get covered.

3. becuase of the valve being screwed into the drain pan not all the oil comes out when you drain it. not that this is the largest problem in the world but it does leave more in the pan than jsut removing it. how much you ask? about 2-4mm worth (wallthickness of the valve) on the surface area of the pan. so less than an 8th of a qt but soemthing to think about.

Customer service: Joeys customr service was pretty good. he looked into getting me one of these for an odd car and he did all the leg work. kinda nice. shipping was reasonable in time and price and it was as i expected it. kinda hard to break a brass valve in the mail.

for the three reasons above i give em a 7.5 out of 10.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM

i JUST got mine in the mail today. I can't wait to install it.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the review!

The explanation from the manufacturer why that washer was provided, was to prevent leakage and prevent overtorquing of the valve or adapter and breaking the threads.

Yeah, the lever isn't always at the 12 o'clock position. But it is for the GF's AP2. My AP1's position is at 4 o'clock.

Usually, just as a precaution, I like to jack up the driver's side of the car to make sure all the oil comes out even before I had the oil drain valve

More details in the link in my signature.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:17 AM

yah i guess that never occurred to me but i am looking for as few steps as possible when doing an OC.

I will note that this is a good product and my friend (after seeing me do an oil change in 5 mins) wants one for his car. I will be contacting you via PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM

nice review gonna be picking one up when i do my oil change in 2 weeks
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the drain valves that aren't in the 12 o'clock position, maybe you can use a thicker or thinner washer to adjust the position. That's what I would do anyways.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I installed the valve, it wound up in the 12 o'clock position. Maybe I was lucky but it seems It was designed this way.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure about the 1/8 qt. remaining after a drain but assuming this is approxamatly correct, by simply adding an additional 4oz, you would cut the remaining oil to 2oz. Believe me, I will never be doing this myself but perhaps others might feel it's worthwhile.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Well you cannot really blame fumoto if the threading on the oil pan is not the same for each and every honda or even s2000. I the start of the thread position of every oil pan is the same, the you can totally design the threads on the valve to make it always 12 o'clock position.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:55 PM

no i cant butthe point remains

Quick Reply: Fumoto valves