S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Fujisubo Exhaust owners: Please chime in here....

Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Fujisubo Exhaust owners: Please chime in here....

Well just picked up a Fujisubo dual exhaust for my 09 gpw and I love the sound of the car. Engine, header and cat are all stock right now.

The car sounds really nice and is just "slightly" louder than stock but definitely quieter than my Comptech setup in my previous Rio.

My question is will these things increase the sound of the car and by what factor:

a) High Flow cat
b) Berk Test Pipe
c) Comptech header

For those who have this exhaust, what have you done to get some more sound from the exhaust?

thanks
rick
Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

I'd be interested as well, I do love my fuji
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have your exhaust..but I will tell you this:

1) Intake: totally increases the sound.
2) Header: I have a comptech header..it's louder but just by a little, not a huge huge difference though.
3) Cat, Yes. I have a gutted magnaflow one and it's definitely louder than the OEM Cat. The oem cat totally muffles the sound. It's hard to describe but I can tell you that the gutted cat sounds more..."metallic" like less insulation (which is what it is in reality anyways) raspy...which I like.

4)Exhaust..OEM still...getting one soon though.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey rick, I have a spoon test pipe on stock exhuast/header combo and it sounds great def louder than the OEM cat.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can stand the smell, get a test pipe. If you can't like me, get a hfc (more expensive and slightly quieter sound).

I think my PWJDM intake makes more sound than the exhaust.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had mine a few days now and with the carbon build-up it's definitely gotten deeper in tone!

The sound is 110% non-obtrusive unlike most exhausts. Upon start-up there is a small throatiness that is evident and once the engine warms up the sound is almost unperceptible if you don't listen closely. I actually have to turn down my music to hear it. My old Comptech was supposedly one of the quieter exhausts but my girl swore she can hear me coming down the block.

At WOT, the exhaust definitely makes its presence known but never drones at any highway speed. A lot of my buddies didn't even know I changed the exhaust until they see shiny cans in the rear. I will snap some pics for visual comparison but I love the oval polished cans. They tuck neatly under the rear bumper and the tips have a nice embossed logo. I kinda wish the tips were larger or oval shaped but for now it's fine.

Overall this exhaust is a great addition for my car as a daily driver. Craftsmanship is amazing and fitment is perfect. If you want something that is mellow and add some bling this is the exhaust to get. If you are a ricer and want to wake your neighbors don't buy this exhaust.

rick
Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 AM

I have the Fujitsubo with a berk test pipe and I absolutely love the sound over the stock cat. I'd say go with the test pipe. It is still quiet enough and has no drone but it makes a major difference in the sound.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick are you concerned with smog?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Adding an intake will make a big difference, try removing the top cover from the OEM intake perhaps?

I rode in a AP1 with HFC and Fuji and it was a lot quieter than my AP2 with AEM + new Fuji

Hope that helps
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 AM

wat fuji exhaust u have on ur car? rm-01a?.......i want it louder, i might go for other ppl suggestion on berk HFC.........anyone got any hookup?

Fuji rm-01a + berk HFC

Quick Reply: Fujisubo Exhaust owners: Please chime in here....