S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forcewerks CR Lip Review

Old 06-27-2014, 06:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Forcewerks CR Lip Review

Have had my Suzuka Blue AP2 for almost two years. Since day one I've always wanted a CR front lip, but the fear of it cracking/ breaking and the cost made me keep my distance. By no means am I saying that replica is better, as I myself am a firm believe of the fact that one gets what they pay for. Was finally gonna pull the trigger on buying an OEM one, but a friend of mine talked me out of it after he purchased one, hated the look and sold it. Time flew by, and it had been quite some time since I had seen CR lip, until I saw a yellow CR at an autocross event I attended. Yet again seeing the lip gave me butterflies, and I immediately began my search. All I could find was OEM lips going for $500 - $700 range, and they weren't even in Suzuka Blue. Luckily I came across Forcewerkz polyurethane CR style lip, and the fitment in pictures appeared great. Got a quote for painting the lip, which added with the purchase price of the lip equaled $300 total. For myself this was an incredible deal compared to purchasing a OEM one, having to strip the paint, prep, and spray in Suzuka as it would have probably ended up costing 3X the price. The deciding factor however, was the fact that my friend at Honda told me the lip was discontinued, so I decided to pull the trigger.

The lip arrived and I could see that the lip was a little distorted. From my personal experience leaving the lip in the sun for a few hours did nothing to revert the shape of the lip to how it was meant to be, so a heat-gun is a must. Once I hit the lip with the heat-gun it looked exactly as described. Unfortunately, deleted pics of arrival lip/ distorted shape, so I'll only be uploading pics of the current state. Lip was painted by Revolution Automotive & Collision in Vallejo, CA and paint matched perfectly.

Highly recommend getting the OEM weatherstip (Part # 08F03-SHJ-1100D), that's the part number for the black weatherstip, to cover any small gaps. Fitment is a 9/10, but the weather strip covered the 1-2mm gaps. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and highly recommend the anyone that in the market for a CR Lip to consider Forcewerkz as an option.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did it install? 2 self tapping screws in the wheel wells. what else? OEM has 8 bolts aside from that holdingit in place.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did paint cost?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by nadeem
how did it install? 2 self tapping screws in the wheel wells. what else? OEM has 8 bolts aside from that holdingit in place.

Sorry forgot to mention, that it comes with the hardware that literally composed of only self tapping screws. They hold up well, but for myself it'll be temporary until I get replacement hardware. I used oem mounting points that were clearly visible upon removing front bumper. They were pre-marked with a (+). Im using the OEM mounting points as you would with the OEM CR lip, so I've got 2 on the wheel wells and 8 on the front.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
How much did paint cost?
Paint was $150, as the lip comes in bare plastic.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:44 AM

the 8 on the front are under tray correct? not 8 bolts that drill through bumper into lip. 2 on the front canard area left and 2 right, and 4 across center middle.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is currently at the paint shop, can't wait to get it so I can put it on..

Mine didn't come with any self tapping screws though, but none the less I have my own hardware that I purchased to use as well as the oem weatherstrip..
Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by nadeem
the 8 on the front are under tray correct? not 8 bolts that drill through bumper into lip. 2 on the front canard area left and 2 right, and 4 across center middle.
Yup 2 on canard areas, both sides, and 4 across center middle. This pic shows the location of the holes that had to be made. As for my AP2 bumper the back of the bumper had pre-marked spots for drilling.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by eb597x
Originally Posted by nadeem' timestamp='1404157466' post='23224393
Yup 2 on canard areas, both sides, and 4 across center middle. This pic shows the location of the holes that had to be made. As for my AP2 bumper the back of the bumper had pre-marked spots for drilling.

wow, the replica has those mounting holes also. that is great. Some are only the self tapping screws in the wells (which oem lip has also) and 3m tape to hold it on. I went oem becuase the reps i saw locally in socal were as i described. The one you picked out seems top notch. great buy.
And lucky you, i didnt have pre marked holes. my06