S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top

Old 06-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were to pay you to paint the hardtop and wanted it to look like it had OEM door moldings, would you be able to do this for me? Also how well do you think it would come out, do you have any examples of what it might look like? Would you just use a Flat color paint?

If I order the glass window, will the hardtop still come with an extra lexan window?

One more thing, do you think if I modified the inner side I would be able to fit the OEM roof lining?

The hardtop is very fair priced for something that is this light, this high of quality, and this rare. The Upgrades are very reasonable, the only thing I found cheaper on majestic were the window seals for $222, everything else you are offering is considerably cheaper. Great job, please keep up the good work and thanks alot for having this option of a hardtop.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iviaillet
If I were to pay you to paint the hardtop and wanted it to look like it had OEM door moldings, would you be able to do this for me? Also how well do you think it would come out, do you have any examples of what it might look like? Would you just use a Flat color paint?

If I order the glass window, will the hardtop still come with an extra lexan window?

One more thing, do you think if I modified the inner side I would be able to fit the OEM roof lining?

The hardtop is very fair priced for something that is this light, this high of quality, and this rare. The Upgrades are very reasonable, the only thing I found cheaper on majestic were the window seals for $222, everything else you are offering is considerably cheaper. Great job, please keep up the good work and thanks alot for having this option of a hardtop.
^ At this point, why don't you just buy an OEM top? ..unless you have some super rare color.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by vstypicals
Originally Posted by iviaillet' timestamp='1339173459' post='21765997

^ At this point, why don't you just buy an OEM top? ..unless you have some super rare color.
Because...
1. It's half the price of a brand new OEM one which is not being manufactured
2. It's lighter(which makes handling its awkward size much easier)
3. It has a lexan rear window(which has its advantages and disadvantages)
4. It's easier to obtain than an original one,and you can get it shipped to your door
5. It might be stronger than an OEM one
6. It can be painted to match your car before you even see the thing, that way your not teasing yourself and dropping the thing off at the body shop, you can just slap the thing on.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by spyder562
Maybe you guys are not understanding why I did this project.

First, I made this project to provide a CF OEM style top at a cheaper lower price from Challenge. Almost half price.
Second, the frp project is an extra option I'm giving you to enjoy a low rate top. 1500+425 paint, 1925 and you can a OEM style top. Simple
Third, I think I f*ck up by giving you guys a OEM hardware option. By me doing this, you guys are basing your pricing very high and this is why I never did it or the mugen top. I did this to provide those who DO want to pay the extra money for the OEM feel all around.

My OEM seal option might just fly away.
you are right man ... its simple psychology that is used by COSTCO. Less choice is what the consumer wants. When you give them more choice they have to much to think about and end up putting it aside.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pricing is fair
Old 06-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Group buy will open soon guys. So far everything is great.

We are waiting for the FRP to come out of paint.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iviaillet
Originally Posted by vstypicals' timestamp='1339176395' post='21766154
[quote name='iviaillet' timestamp='1339173459' post='21765997']

Because...
1. It's half the price of a brand new OEM one which is not being manufactured
2. It's lighter(which makes handling its awkward size much easier)
3. It has a lexan rear window(which has its advantages and disadvantages)
4. It's easier to obtain than an original one,and you can get it shipped to your door
5. It might be stronger than an OEM one
6. It can be painted to match your car before you even see the thing, that way your not teasing yourself and dropping the thing off at the body shop, you can just slap the thing on.
[/quote]

Yea, ok, sure.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

wow, this thread was ridiculously busy before the price was released, apparently everyone is sad that this hardtop is actually going to cost money. I think the price is justified and reasonable.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:24 AM

Great to see hand made, new products developed and built in the USA!! I am very excited about your product and hope to purchase an infusion frp model in the near future. Thanks for all your had work!!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM

I hope to get one also soon.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top