S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top

Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry, I didn't see where you specified FRP. All I saw was fully optioned model, which by the math is $3,884 for CF.

I'm interested in learning more about this 'scratch' resistant surface for the lexan window. Like others, I am also curious about the quality of the included aftermarket seals versus oem.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you guys are not understanding why I did this project.

First, I made this project to provide a CF OEM style top at a cheaper lower price from Challenge. Almost half price.
Second, the frp project is an extra option I'm giving you to enjoy a low rate top. 1500+425 paint, 1925 and you can a OEM style top. Simple
Third, I think I f*ck up by giving you guys a OEM hardware option. By me doing this, you guys are basing your pricing very high and this is why I never did it or the mugen top. I did this to provide those who DO want to pay the extra money for the OEM feel all around.

My OEM seal option might just fly away.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder562

First, I made this project to provide a CF OEM style top at a cheaper lower price from Challenge. Almost half price.
Second, the frp project is an extra option I'm giving you to enjoy a low rate top. 1500+425 paint, 1925 and you can a OEM style top. Simple
Third, I think I f*ck up by giving you guys a OEM hardware option. By me doing this, you guys are basing your pricing very high and this is why I never did it or the mugen top. I did this to provide those who DO want to pay the extra money for the OEM feel all around.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Threats probably aren't the best idea, friend. I'll be getting my top from you guys, which is why I'm just putting that out there.

The options are in fact just that, options. Not necessities. If people have the coin to spend on the OEM parts, let them and the others will deal with the aftermarket. It's always been that way. Thumbs up to you for putting this on the market, again, but from what I gather, the masses expected it to be cheaper than it is.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by drifterx27
Originally Posted by Ravenwerk' timestamp='1338844625' post='21753627
Just out of curosity will you offer double sided CF AND OEM spec paint?
Does the glass you offer come with defrost elements?
Curious about defroster as well...
This
Old 06-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Man, pricing on a custom handcrafted part like this is a steal! I wish this option was available back when I was looking for a top...
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You actually sound surprised, Why? You cater to a different crowd with replica parts. They want to pay minimal for parts regardless of quality. I applaud the fact that you are giving the option for OEM hardware. I think you might be able to beat Challenge in sales.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

OEM glass has a defroster but you need the OEM harness for it. I highly doubt the lexan has a defroster.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's worth asking again... can anyone compare the quality of the OEM seals vs aftermarket seals? Unless the difference is absolutely astronomical, I can't see springing for the OEM option. The price on the glass and the paint seems very fair, IMO.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
It's worth asking again... can anyone compare the quality of the OEM seals vs aftermarket seals? Unless the difference is absolutely astronomical, I can't see springing for the OEM option. The price on the glass and the paint seems very fair, IMO.
You should probably wait until the hardtop is released before asking.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top