S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top

Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGBala
OK people...

I took a trip down south and stopped by the shop where the hardtop is being birthed. All I can say is: WOW. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet up with Alberto because of the damned LA traffic during rush hour AND it being the day before cinco de mayo (even though I'm not sure if that played into it, but it was FRIDAY!) but I did meet with his business partner who was nice enough to test fit the top on my ap2.

First, he put on the genuine oem so I can compare the fitment. Then came their replica. It's DEFINITELY lighter and the inside looks GREAT without the lining or the "holes" to the top's frame. Also, he showed me that they molded in a part of the top where a portion of the seals would be exposed and it looks REALLY clean. Fitment was 98% without the seals and the window, but I'm confident that with minor tweaks, the window being installed and the seals in, NO ONE will be disappointed.

As much as I was excited to be the first to have the top test fitted on my car, it didn't compare to the awesomeness of Alberto's partner (it's unfortunate I didn't get to meet THE MAN), but I'm really glad to have met the "other" MAN. Really, really good peeps. I'm pretty sure he would have let me take pictures, but I didn't want to impose and would rather see the FINAL product, painted and installed on a much more quality ride than mine. Believe me, though, I was giddy with excitement when he asked "wanna see what it looks like on your car? It's never been test fitted on anyone's car, not even mine, so you'll be the first one." I was pleasantly honored. I was even invited over to his house and gave me a ride in his 2k to help me decide on other mods that I'm definitely putting into consideration. I'm really glad that i got to meet him and hope that next time, I'll get to meet Alberto and pick up a top
Thanks for posting something up about your trip. I uploaded 3 pictures of your car on our facebook page.

Here is 1
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder562
Originally Posted by BIGBala' timestamp='1336462864' post='21678449
OK people...

I took a trip down south and stopped by the shop where the hardtop is being birthed. All I can say is: WOW. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet up with Alberto because of the damned LA traffic during rush hour AND it being the day before cinco de mayo (even though I'm not sure if that played into it, but it was FRIDAY!) but I did meet with his business partner who was nice enough to test fit the top on my ap2.

First, he put on the genuine oem so I can compare the fitment. Then came their replica. It's DEFINITELY lighter and the inside looks GREAT without the lining or the "holes" to the top's frame. Also, he showed me that they molded in a part of the top where a portion of the seals would be exposed and it looks REALLY clean. Fitment was 98% without the seals and the window, but I'm confident that with minor tweaks, the window being installed and the seals in, NO ONE will be disappointed.

As much as I was excited to be the first to have the top test fitted on my car, it didn't compare to the awesomeness of Alberto's partner (it's unfortunate I didn't get to meet THE MAN), but I'm really glad to have met the "other" MAN. Really, really good peeps. I'm pretty sure he would have let me take pictures, but I didn't want to impose and would rather see the FINAL product, painted and installed on a much more quality ride than mine. Believe me, though, I was giddy with excitement when he asked "wanna see what it looks like on your car? It's never been test fitted on anyone's car, not even mine, so you'll be the first one." I was pleasantly honored. I was even invited over to his house and gave me a ride in his 2k to help me decide on other mods that I'm definitely putting into consideration. I'm really glad that i got to meet him and hope that next time, I'll get to meet Alberto and pick up a top
Thanks for posting something up about your trip. I uploaded 3 pictures of your car on our facebook page.

Here is 1
The fitment looks awesome in the pics.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 AM

Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 AM

hmmm the molded window frame that was taken out actually looks alot less clean then i thought... the fact that the line doesn't match up with the door anymore kinda bothers me...
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 AM
xoz

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
hmmm the molded window frame that was taken out actually looks alot less clean then i thought... the fact that the line doesn't match up with the door anymore kinda bothers me...
good point ..kinda bothers me as well...hhhmmm?? only solution wld be to paint the frame back in.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as it doesn't interfere w/ the window going up and down it doesn't bother be. Looks good for a replica can't wait to see it finished
Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Both the rear and front fitment look excellent to me. As for the window, I say wait until the thing is completely finished to judge that. The whole thing looks pretty rough at the moment.

I'll take one in Laguna Blue please.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xoz
Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1336472564' post='21678586
good point ..kinda bothers me as well...hhhmmm?? only solution wld be to paint the frame back in.
The window frame was not removed. Its was flushed in to the whole car.

Yes, you will see them painted soon : ]
They will be 2 tones for those who want to keep the look like OEM 100%.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by xoz
Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1336472564' post='21678586
Same here. I love the lines of the oem top around the window. I don't think it'd look right just painting it in since it's flush on this.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by spyder562
Originally Posted by xoz' timestamp='1336474104' post='21678612
[quote name='CLEANs2000' timestamp='1336472564' post='21678586']
The window frame was not removed. Its was flushed in to the whole car.

Yes, you will see them painted soon : ]
They will be 2 tones for those who want to keep the look like OEM 100%.
[/quote]

exactly what we are trying to say ... it doesn't match the lines on the door anymore when you flush it in with the car... il wait for the final pics though! Looks pretty good still.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top