S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top

Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1600 for the group buy sounds reasonable to me as long as it comes with all hardware, window (glass or lexan), and seals. im only 4ish hours away so im willing to drive to save on shipping, maybe even get it installed!. more interested in the 1950 single side cf. also, the op did ask for feedback and i think that's what everyone is providing be it -/+
Old 04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ouhei
Man, I swear some of you will never be satisfied...
The only reason mugen copy tops have gotten so cheap is because 1. They've been around forever so people aren't trying to recoup research production costs and 2. It's much less complicated to make. The rear window of the OEM top is massive and the curves in it don't make it cheap to produce I either lexan or glass.
$1900 is about what I expected.
Thank you

Guys, I'm not trying to become rich by selling this hard top. My current infusion mugen tops runs 1250.

Rear window alone on this in lexan will run me about 250-350. You may ask well why so much if its lexan right? Well the anwser is simple, the rear window has to get molded into shape which is not cheap at all. Mugen top, not needed.

1600 group buy price did include hardware (lexan rear window). I can not quote anyone right now what it would cost to upgrade to window or what the OEM prices will be. Just trying to do you guys a favor and give you a ball point of what numbers we are currently working with.

Once we process and manufacture 1 part, we will have final numbers and open up the group buy.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll judge the price when I see the final product ...right now I'm just appreciative of the fact that you guys are actually putting in time and research to give those who are looking for an OEM hardtop another option
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Over9000
I'll judge the price when I see the final product ...right now I'm just appreciative of the fact that you guys are actually putting in time and research to give those who are looking for an OEM hardtop another option
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ouhei
Man, I swear some of you will never be satisfied...
The only reason mugen copy tops have gotten so cheap is because 1. They've been around forever so people aren't trying to recoup research production costs and 2. It's much less complicated to make. The rear window of the OEM top is massive and the curves in it don't make it cheap to produce I either lexan or glass.
$1900 is about what I expected.

people nowadays expect everything to be pretty much free, they expect a perfect product minus the cost it takes to properly research and design, fools. Then again it is expected as the resale value of the s2k drops.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Member (Premium)

Hey, just out of curiosity, where are you guys located at? I am curious if you are close enough for me and the wife to take a little road trip when we pull the trigger on one.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Now the next question... when do these start shipping?

Is there any way you could work up a price sheet with all of the available options? Current information is kind of garbled together throughout the thread.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How many times has he said he will have all the details when the time is right. There is no price sheet yet
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

What's the difference between this top and the Challenge top?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 AM

Challenge = Quality, but for the price tag. Not worth it
Forbidden USA = Affordable and great quality and fitment as well.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top