S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top

Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird
So the interior of the FRP would be a smooth semi-gloss black? Any pics of what that would look like (even if it's a Mugen rep pic)?
Sure

Name:  IMG_2560_1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  147.0 KB
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spyder562
New picture up on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/ForbiddenUsa

ATTENTION
right now, ball point its looking like 1600 for infusion frp, 1950 single side cf, and 2300 cf double with after market hardware included. These would be group buy prices, not MSRP.

I cant confirmed prices yet because we are waiting on some last min quotes.

Feedback Welcome
Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spyder562
Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird' timestamp='1334722469' post='21618407
So the interior of the FRP would be a smooth semi-gloss black? Any pics of what that would look like (even if it's a Mugen rep pic)?
Sure

If the interior of the FRP is smooth like the outside of that top ill take an FRP. A friend of mine here wants a carbon Mugen rep from you so it's a good chance we'd be ordering two and having them shipped to one location. I've seen Mark355's Mugen rep in person and the quality is top notch. Paint quality is very good too.

When do you think you will have definite pricing on the OEM? Will there be a smoked lexan rear window option?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird
Originally Posted by spyder562' timestamp='1334722749' post='21618425
[quote name='KillerBlackbird' timestamp='1334722469' post='21618407']
Sure

If the interior of the FRP is smooth like the outside of that top ill take an FRP. A friend of mine here wants a carbon Mugen rep from you so it's a good chance we'd be ordering two and having them shipped to one location. I've seen Mark355's Mugen rep in person and the quality is top notch. Paint quality is very good too.

When do you think you will have definite pricing on the OEM? Will there be a smoked lexan rear window option?
[/quote]

Yes, the inside would be the same. OEM seals and rear window will be offered. Trying to reach a good deal with honda usa to share the savings with you guys.

More information will be up soon. Those prices were giving as a ball point estimate from what pricing we have now and what we will think some parts will cost.

Lexan and glass might be around the same price. Since I need to take the lexan rear window to get molded, it almost cost the same as a glass rear window. Lexan shades are undetermined.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In all honesty, if it's within $100 difference or a little more for OEM glass I'd take a glass rear.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i jope i speak for everyone when i say
the most important thing is the fitment!
price comes next-which is where the options come in
its like buying a car
you gotta pay to play
karbon kevlar for the win!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sn0wman
1600? hmmm not bad . how much with oem hardware?

OEM Hardware should run like almost a G if I remember correctly?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 322 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by matt-p
this is a win-win-win situation. people will have to drop their prices on oem ht to compete with this one, plus people will be selling their mugen style ht to get this one, plus you can just buy this one.

cannot wait for the first GB...
That's not exactly accurate. The authentic Mugen tops continue to demand a premium price because the people who are in the market for the authentic top are not the same people who are in the market for replica tops. The same will apply to the OEM tops, only they are becoming harder and harder to find and unlike the Mugens you can not easily order a new one.

Also you have to remember a good potion of the OEM tops price is all the fancy hardware that comes with it not to mention the sub-harness that prevents the soft top from being raised while the hardtop is on and also is used for the defroster capabilities of the rear window. You also have to take into account that the OEM top takes all the interior panels and headliner that match the interior of the car. This replica does not.

I think this top is a cool idea and if the price remains on track it will be a huge success, but I think you're greatly overestimating the impact that this will have on the authentic OEM tops value.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by latinochino
Originally Posted by sn0wman' timestamp='1334719231' post='21618280
1600? hmmm not bad . how much with oem hardware?

OEM Hardware should run like almost a G if I remember correctly?
$515 from Hardtop Guy... and that's with the defroster wiring - which this one will not need.

I'm curious of an "out the door" price for a fully painted, window installed, OEM hardware top.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
I think this top is a cool idea and if the price remains on track it will be a huge success, but I think you're greatly overestimating the impact that this will have on the authentic OEM tops value.
It will drastically reduce the demand for the authentic OEM top, that's for sure. That will in turn lower prices. There are still people out there who will shell out $3500 for one, but their numbers will be far fewer.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OEM Style Hard Top