S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

flat back ap1

Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you try a different color? You can make any color flat/satin/matte. It is not the base coat that makes it flat. What makes the car flat depends all on the flattening agent that you add to the clear. The mix ratio of the clear + flattening agent will determine the type of finish (flat/satin/matte).
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 352s2000,Mar 24 2010, 09:52 AM
Rattle can that biatch.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if this is the younger generation that is buying the S now that has this type of idea.

My suggestion is to leave the car Sebring unless the paint is so far damaged that it needs to be repainted. Matte finish on any car to me looks like a primer car waiting to be painted. It shows any grease, scratch, dent, you name it. Not worth waisting the money. Especially since the door jabs and engine bay will still be silver. Leave the car classy and spend the money on some parts, or a repaint of the same color. Matte is for cars that are waiting to be sanded and painted with base clear.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM

I vote to paint it whatever color you choose and be different. A good paint job in a nice color does wonders for any car.

If every s2k was left the way 90% of the people on the boards like it, everyone would have a stock color, on a stock front lip and be lowered some on RPF1's, if that....
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM

My car is the light silver i thought it was sebring, since silverstone is darker silver.

The rear quarter panel paint sucks, the front bumer paint is terrible, and my drivers door has a crazy dent looks like a kart hit it in the parking lot. The dent on door has been pulled out but still has small dents all over, i was thinking of bondoing that at a shop, and getting it painted flat black, or another flat color not sure which one.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be cool to get a flat or matte color other than black. Flat black is played out bigtime now. Matte blue or Matte White would be cool. If you do decide to do a color change, please do the jams and stuff too. I hate it when cars with nice paint open the doors and its a completely is a different color. I would just fix everything and respray it the same color so you wouldnt have to do the jams and stuff unless you have alot of money to spend on this.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 PM

Painting everything including engine bay, door jams and all will cost a pretty penny. So it better be something you can live with for a long time if you decide to do that. That's why a warp would be better it is reversible
Old 03-25-2010, 01:56 AM
cmn

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a flat black S2k live at the Euromeet last year, and it definately looked like crap in my opinion... I wouldn't even consider it at all if I were you.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 AM

I also say do whatever you will like on your car. I also happen to like the look of a quality painted flat black car. Now if you do it really bad and its splotchy then yeah it will look like shit.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bondo in dents is worse than the dent itself. Value will go way down if you fix them this way. Anytime I purchase, I have a magnet to put on metal parts. Dont stick, dont buy.

If you are going forward, have someone pull the dents out as far as they can before you put any bondo on the car. I would also say, paint it how you like, but if you choose a color that is closer to the factory finish, or at least a lighter color, the jambs will not look as bad if not painted, same under the hood. When you do a drastic color change (black to white, Red to blue) you need to paint the jambs, under hood for it to look good. If done wrong, it looks like a primered car. Maybe a flat silver would look better and be different, show defects less.

Quick Reply: flat back ap1