S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

exhaust tips (PICS)

Old 05-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation exhaust tips (PICS)

one of my oem ap1 exhaust tips was bent/damaged horribly and i finally got around to replacing the tips. at first i was contemplating a full exhaust but i'm using a fpr for the supercharger. i then thought of just swapping out just the muffler sections for a custom magnaflow setup but then i just decided to do the tips. honda charging over $50 for a single tips is ridiculous, so i picked up the tips at your one stop shop, wal*mart. the tips there were only $12 each.

okay, so here's a comparison. ap1 oem tip on the left and on the right is the walmart 2 5/8" id, 8.5" length...

next here is what the oem ap1 exhaust tip looks like installed (in case some of you have forgotten due to aftermarket setups). notice how it's shriveled under the rear bumper, the tip is maybe an inch or so too short as the end should be flush to the bumper.

here is what the long tip looks like installed. ideally i wanted a 6" or 6.5" long tip. the walmart tip sticks out a little bit past the bumper (8.5" length). the inner diameter at the aft end is bigger but is tapered nicely towards the front.

here is a shot of the rear bumper. oem on the right, non-oem on the left. nice little comparison. why is my trunk open? i don't know.

now here is an angled shot of the rear bumper with both non-oem tips installed.

finally, here is a shot of the rear with the tips installed. that's the furthest back i could get 'cause my wife's car was parked in front of the garage and i don't feel like moving it at the moment.

although not jdm these tips do suit the purpose and actually look a lot better than stock. the price is great at just over twenty bucks for the pair. just being tips, there isn't much difference in the sound. we'll just have to see how durable they are, it says stainless steel on the packaging but regardless my oem tips were banged up and dented to hell, so, anything looks remarkably better.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walmart specials look nice! Better than OEM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 AM

not too bad and i'm sure for the price you can't get close to that newhere else. nice find
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Not bad at all. I personally like the OEM ap2 ones, but heyy its not ricey at all so props.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:01 PM

torch them
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 PM

i like 'em. i have an ap1 and ap2 tips i'm told don't fit (so that kind of kills that idea). but, the ap1 tips are too short anyways. i was kind of forced into the buy 'cause one of my tips was crunched but i really like how they look. so, anybody with damaged tips or just want to revamp their oem exhaust check out wal*mart.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM

Not bad at all, I actually like the wal mart tip....
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 AM

Ap2 tips do fit the Ap1. i have them on mine.. just waiting to get my ap2 rear bumper painted. I'm really digging the wal mart tips.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 AM

I really like how they look, gives the back more of an aggresive look with the exhaust tip sticking out. I might go ahead and do mine since I like the quiteness of the stock exhaust. Whats the brand name of those tips??
Old 05-21-2009, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by F20C PWR,May 21 2009, 02:26 AM
Ap2 tips do fit the Ap1. i have them on mine.. just waiting to get my ap2 rear bumper painted. I'm really digging the wal mart tips.
i was under the impression that the oval tips would rub or be too close to the bumper causing it to melt? if it worked for you then great. for some reason if i did it i'd probably be the one out of ten people that melt the bumper. go figure...

Quick Reply: exhaust tips (PICS)