S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
View Poll Results: Should i keep the Leds white or change them to yellow?
white
49.28%
yellow
50.72%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Ebay AP2 Foglights Review

Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
I've been wanting to buys these for so long now but am afraid to remove my bumper. Is this the only way to instal them?
it actually is possible to do just tricky. i removed the front wheel and had to move part of the fender liner out the way. i have it all wired up to a switch. i been running them for a little over a year with a light smoke tint on them. I might be getting a new set and doing what K LO QUE did with the black housing and yellow film over the led's
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would greatly appreciate more info on blacking out the housing, looks sick I like the yellow on the white and the white led on the black, I do wonder how the yellow would look on a black s2k
Old 02-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White light w/ black housing looks awesome. A diy on that would be really helpful.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tehsu
I would greatly appreciate more info on blacking out the housing,
Originally Posted by Slick 87
Nice job. Looks much better this way. I think I might go this route when the weather gets nicer around here.

Do you have any close up shots with them blackhoused, and not turned on? Was it difficult to do, or did you just tape over the led's, and spray paint the reflector material?
this is the closest shot i have as of now.

Black housing the fog light isn't as easy as i thought. It requires a lot of precision and a dremel. I wanted everything to be as factory looking as possible but opening the lens wasn't an easy task for me. It doesn't just simply just pop off. It looks like k lo que did a really nice job. Maybe he can help you out. I had a problem where i was cutting too fast and it would melt the black plastic. After getting them open, i just taped off the leds and sprayed two coats of black. Resealed with epoxy.

the only difficult part is getting them opened.

looks sick I like the yellow on the white and the white led on the black, I do wonder how the yellow would look on a black s2k
White leds on black looks better from what i hear.

Here is a photoshop i did for yellow.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:24 PM

I think I am gonna go for yellow, so the seal isn't like the headlights where you can use a heat gun?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM

I think I am gonna go for yellow, so the seal isn't like the headlights where you can use a heat gun?
It isn't sealed by glue founded on the typical headlights, its like held to what appear to be clips but you can't just simply pop out the lens.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Looks good, I wonder what would best a NFR? I'm thinking maybe the yellow film ones
Old 02-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

how functional are these thangs?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM

1) They're not approved by Canadian or US transportation authorities, so they're just add-ons for appearance; they can't be legally used as a substitute for any required daytime running lights.

2) You can see them when you look at the car; their light output may be more than parking lights; likely not as bright as turn signals, depending on the angle of view.

(edit: I heard that there are two versions of these lights that use the same housing, one as I describe, another that is brighter.)
Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by starchland
how functional are these thangs?
The only thing functional about these lights is it allows fellow drivers to see you better. It doesn't effect your light output at all at night. You wouldn't be able to see the lights when you have your low beams on. It is as bright as your typical daytime running lights if you have an 06.

Here is the URL of the ones i purchased, http://www.ebay.com/itm/180807884204...e=STRK:null:IT

Quick Reply: Ebay AP2 Foglights Review