S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Easy Painting Solution V2 wheels painted

Old 02-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does stick the back plastic part but its so slim i think you barely notice it, look at the picture a few posts above yours. But however if you take the time and cut masking tape to fit the plastic edges on the side, you should be good.

Update on Lugs:
I just got home today from a mini vacation and i pulled 10 lugs off my car, im going to sand them all down, paint 5 off the car to see how torquing them back on will effect the paint, and will put the other 5 painted on the car, and than paint it, to see how clean it comes out.
WIll be done thursday night, or friday.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,Feb 2 2011, 01:16 PM
Get back at us with pics buddy!! If u want black just go to home depot, when I went theyy didn't have red.
Working on my passenger side now, will be posting pics tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by irv_usc,Feb 2 2011, 02:05 PM
hey shuluke or it's2klean

does the plastidip stick to the black plastic that surrounds the "s2000" or do you cut it to only stick to the shiny part?
It sticks. I posted some big pictures above. It didn't bother me that it did, I guess if your going to do red or something it might be more noticeable.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 PM

Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM

hey it's2klean, i guess a better question/what i was trying to ask was if the two pictures were progression shots...they looked like the trunk in one and hood in the other, so i was looking at the picture and kind of thought there was an issue with the peeling...im a little hesitant, but would love to see the look of this product on rims and how well it may or may not work.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Yea im not exactly sure myself yet, you can pull the excess part of paint you dont want off, yet its more durable than spray paint, i know this because it IS plastiDip and i've used it on my wrenches....

Somehow he does manage to remove the detailed parts out he didnt want without removing what he didnt. Is that more directed to your qeustion.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM

ya its all good man.

to be honest, im not sure what i really was gettin at..? it may have been the ability/technique to remove certain bits...thats what i think i meant..if i were to get at my stock wheels i would more likely use a gloss black anyway..but nonetheless, it seems like a cool product

i guess it also depends on how bored i get
Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 PM

Yea i will let you know when i do it tmmrw on the technique to get it off, im assuming its a lil rub a dub dub....dub spelled backwards spells BUD
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats right.. just a little rubbing with your fingers to get it started and then I grabbed it and peeled it right off. for the hard to reach places I grabbed a cotton swab and rubbed till it started peeling. In the past ive used toothpicks and even a blade... Patience is key if you dont want to mess up the paint. I will be redoing my rear emblem soon when the temperatures go up from this crazy blizzard. Ill try to take step by step pics and post them in order to show how I do it. Ill also try to show the layer I put on where I want it to peel so it peels off easily.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:47 PM

dub spelled backwards spells BUD

gotcha. sounds good...i was wondering about the temp affecting the paint. it will be awhile...i would just like to see the look of this product on stock wheels...im more for a gloss look...and i probably wouldnt do it at all to my stock rims but they have some fair scuffs from previous owner/10yrs. the reapplication/simplicity is kinda what gets me with this though....no clear coat? i suppose it would still take a bit for the rims though.