S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Easy Painting Solution V2 wheels painted

Old 02-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried the new plastic dip colors? gold and silver. i wanna try the gold on my ap2v1.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Floppy
Ok so I easily managed to paint my white wheels with Plastikote Super - Satin Black finish but now I can't get it off!! Any suggestions as this stuff doesnt just peel, which I was led to believe it would

photo by AZ_Collins, on Flickr

photo a by AZ_Collins, on Flickr

photo 1 by AZ_Collins, on Flickr
Plastikote looks like real paint. i just google it and that is not what ppl in this thread used. sorry man. ummm u could tyr goo-b-gone, but that most likely will remove any paint under that..
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh well sh*t happens. The wheels are powder coated underneath and I didn't key the surface...is there any sort of paint remover I could try that's not likely to ruin the powder coat?
Old 02-25-2012, 04:18 PM

Post the pic of the paint u used. Of it's te enamel paint they sell then that's going to be tough
Old 02-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no offense but that isnt gonna hold up at all,

powder coat or get real paint, at least it wont chip and stratch right off and you wont waste all that time on 20 cans of paint and dirty fingers and masking and again the time wasted for a result that isnt that great looking nor durable.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:49 PM

Actually it takes at most 4 cans. And the point of this is to be able to easily remove it. Well that is how I see it. Maybe I want to run black for about 6 months. Maybe I want to run gunmetal in another 6 months. Then maybe I want to go back to stock because I miss it. Then go do white just for shits and giggles.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by ans2k
Actually it takes at most 4 cans. And the point of this is to be able to easily remove it. Well that is how I see it. Maybe I want to run black for about 6 months. Maybe I want to run gunmetal in another 6 months. Then maybe I want to go back to stock because I miss it. Then go do white just for shits and giggles.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Community Organizer
Community OrganizerMember (Premium)

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

If you are going to Plasti Dip your wheel. Here is a short cut. The weekend before spray them armor all the tires. the plasti dip will not stick to the rubber and you can pell the dip of without using cards to protect the tire. Also the plasti dip will get around the lip of the rim. Use quarters to cover the lug nut holes when spraying. I used one can for each rim. I also noticed if you spray the rim without taking long breaks between coats it will dry smoother than with long breaks between coats. Hope this helps everyone out. Later BD