S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Easy Painting Solution V2 wheels painted

Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marekv
The white looks really nice. Only thing is my wheels are all scraped and curbed up so I think that would all show really bad when I paint. I don't even know id it would be worth the effort.

If you're going with black, I'm thinking it would actually hide defects. Unlike paint, Plastidip doesn't bond to what it's applied to as much as it takes the shape and adheres to it.... so small imperfections would be less noticeable because it smoothes itself out.

At least that's what I've picked up on.... and hoping for. It's easily removable so worth a try at least.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arkkornkid
So, Reckon.... do you work at the post office or just go there a lot?

Wheels look great..... I'm pretty much sold on it now, so I'll post pix once I get mine done.

Haha, you noticed. No, my wife thought it would be great to get some USPS mail packages (they leave it for you at your home for free). Why she thought that, I have no idea. But it went to good use.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:44 AM

The white looks really nice. Only thing is my wheels are all scraped and curbed up so I think that would all show really bad when I paint. I don't even know id it would be worth the effort.

I had quite a few nicks and scratches (I am the second owner of this 05, since 09) and the plasti-dip did a great job of 'filling' in the imperfections - zoom in on the pics and you won't see any sign of previous issues, like new rims. As long as you do enough coats (4 is a good number), not only will it help hide issues, it will also peel off easier if you decide to remove it. It won't chip or crack, but you do have to make sure you don't tear it accidentally. Make sure you give it plenty of time to dry and cure (mine have been drying for 48 hours and while sitting on the car right now, will not actually see the road till next week - waiting for some more parts to install).

For the price, it is worth it. I paid $48.07 shipped for 4 aerosol cans of white and 1 can of clear from toolsavings.com. Check them out...it was the cheapest I could fine. I still have a full aerosol can of white left and 1/4 of another white aerosol can. Will come in handy for repairs or touch ups if needed.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM

What about washing the white wheels with this paint on there? Will it just rub off if I take a sponge to them? I guess pressure washing the wheels would be a bad idea too.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 PM

What about washing the white wheels with this paint on there? Will it just rub off if I take a sponge to them? I guess pressure washing the wheels would be a bad idea too.
From what I have read online, most folks have not had a problem with that at all. I can't comment on it from my own experience yet, but from what I understand, it is supposed to be weather durable. I have read of folks power washing with no problem, going through car washes with no problems, and even hand washing with no problem.

I only ever hand wash my S with the nozzle I have on my garden hose, so I am not expecting to have any issues.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those wheels look great! I just did my front and rear emblems in the matte black and it's pretty neat stuff. I was scared as hell to spray it on my Suzuka paint, but it peeled off fairly easily so I was happy.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k
Those wheels look great! I just did my front and rear emblems in the matte black and it's pretty neat stuff. I was scared as hell to spray it on my Suzuka paint, but it peeled off fairly easily so I was happy.
It does peel off very easily. I didn't tape up my valve stems and just used my nail to rip into it and peel it off. I didn't get much on it so it was easy - and I think that the plasti-dip has a hard time sticking to actual rubber. I found that is probably one of the few materials it won't work well on.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A guy I work with used this stuff on his GTI grill, emblems, and mirrors. He said the only little chips he gets in it is from the touch car wash machines. He has had it on his car for a year or so.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 AM

You can paint anything with this....painted my friends g35 sedan wing, looked good.

K1ng, can we get a picture of how your wheels are holding up?

You know its funny, im super lazy with my honda Element, and started peeling it off, and didnt finish, the excess is still hanging there, so even if it does get chipped and starts to come off at one spot, it will not unravel by itself.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 PM

OMG, the white wheels look AMAZING. I was debating powdercoating my ap2v1 but I think I may go this route instead, that way I can reverse it if I want. Holy crap, I want to order that stuff right now. Thanks for posting these. I bought the black stuff already to do my emblems, I can't wait to go crazy with this stuff....haha!