S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

DIY: VIS Mugen Hardtop Install

Old 12-21-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pick up my top from paint tomorrow, but I might still wait a week or so to put it on because they said the paint will still be kind of soft. I also daily drive mine and it keep snowing/raining a tiny bit and I dont want to mess up the new paint with water spots all over it.

We'll see though.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:58 AM

A small tip for people wanting to put in their own rear window. I keep getting PM's about this, so I thought I would post it here. I actually just put in my new tinted rear window in last night, and I got it perfect this time with no smears or anything.

With your 3M Windo Weld, it has that big plastic tip, and you cut it to determine the size of hole you want. Of course the bigger it is, the more will come out. You honestly do not need to much of this stuff. I cut mine so its about the size where a toothpick could barely side into it. The first time I started, I made the mistake of putting the weld in the center of the flat part of the indention, do not do this! You will get it on your window, and it will look like crap through your window since you will be able to see it. Put it the best you can in the corner, and put a nice bead of the weld with no gaps. You should have a bead a little bigger than the opening of your caulk gun where it comes out.

I have everything done with mine, and will be installing it either tomorrow, or Sunday afternoon. I will post pics once its done.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, just got it done, check my sig. went all reddd
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Awesome man. I almost forgot to post completed pics here. I'll post these in the OP also.

I also posted a link in the OP with the review on I did on all of VIS's seals vs Spyder562's seals.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:05 PM

yeah looks fresh, i just need to tint my windows. already have the back one tinted just need to tint 2 windows will be cheap.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 PM

Glad to see that your paint came out good i might be getting the spyder seals soon too
Old 01-04-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by wittman,Jan 3 2011, 10:39 PM
Glad to see that your paint came out good i might be getting the spyder seals soon too
Thanks bud, yeah the spyder seals are awesome. I'm suppost to pick up my ap2 rear bumper and my front lip from paint Wednesday!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:13 PM

Looking good Man, is that Spyder rear seal you have on in the pictures or the Vis one?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:24 PM

It's Spyders rear seal, but I added another soft weatherstrip seal to make it easier to put on and off. With just spyder seals, it takes tons of adjusting to get it to seal right. This way It still sits really good, but seals very easily so whenever I take it off, it will be a breeze to put it back on.

BTW, for anyone wanting to fix hardtop squeaks, Shin Etsu grease from Honda does wonders! I put this along my rear main seal and it made all the squeaking completely go away.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:16 PM

are you experiencing any loud ass wind noise? i've had this ht for about 1.5 yrs now and bout i'd say 6 months later my ears started to bleed coz of the loud ass wind noise inside the car (so to speak).

Quick Reply: DIY: VIS Mugen Hardtop Install