S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

DIY: VIS Mugen Hardtop Install

Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you show me your seal, and name, can i get this seal from homedepot or lows? I been playing with the small seal for 3 hours, with no luck, just got the rear mid section to seal right, but not the sides.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple pics of it on top of the normal seal (like yours). I'm not sure exactly what brand it is or anything, can't remember. I got it from my local Ace Hardware store, it's the exact same size as the seal on your top now now but it's just a lot softer and will smash down easier to seal it up.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 PM

suzuka-blue-s2k : that seal solved the sides gap. I'm still using the small seal provided with the top.

I will updates will pictures of the final adjusted for people to see.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM

I'm still getting wind noise from the sides , i'm just going to rip the small seal and use the one that you are using suzuka-blue-s2
Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but when I took my top to the body shop I had a few issues with my top not seating perfect. The body shop had to add resin on the front part that meets the windshield. (Not a big deal) I made the mistake to not test fit without the rear brackets in. When I recived it from the body shop I bolted everything down and my windows would hit the hardtop. I freaked out because I thought id have to dish more money for them to take material off. So I took apart the door panels and discoverd that the window has stoppers that can be adjusted. All it took was a 12mm socket and they came right out. Careful not to drop it into the door panel. I used some pieces of rubber I had lying around and taped it to the stopper. It gave me enough space to adjust the window stop properly. I hope this helps someone... I can post pics if need be
Old 05-26-2011, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Yeah my passenger window actually hit the top the first time when I tried to close the door, but I just adjusted the tightness of the bolts holding the passenger side front latch and I got it to close perfect without hitting, and have the latch still tight. Took me like 10 min to adjust it perfectly.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:12 PM

You can also use 5/8 inch airconditioning insulation for window seals. Its cheap seals perfect and does not crease. I didn't like the window seals I got with my hardware kit (had a little wind noise). I now get slight wind noise above 90mph. I plan on adding Honda EPT tape to the front of the hardtop the next time I take it off.

I'm not using any striker shims or hardtop strikers either.

My top was bought local and is not a vis piece.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM

I had to tighten the crap outa mine to get the rear to not show any light. I tried at first to loosen the top a little but got annoying creaks. I have a perfect top to window gap now. My initial fitment was a 6/10 now after some work its a 10/10:
Your how to help big. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by APoner
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but when I took my top to the body shop I had a few issues with my top not seating perfect. The body shop had to add resin on the front part that meets the windshield. (Not a big deal) I made the mistake to not test fit without the rear brackets in. When I recived it from the body shop I bolted everything down and my windows would hit the hardtop. I freaked out because I thought id have to dish more money for them to take material off. So I took apart the door panels and discoverd that the window has stoppers that can be adjusted. All it took was a 12mm socket and they came right out. Careful not to drop it into the door panel. I used some pieces of rubber I had lying around and taped it to the stopper. It gave me enough space to adjust the window stop properly. I hope this helps someone... I can post pics if need be
U know i have the same problem with my hardtop .. i can hear the wind noise from both sides and by the windshield..and if i push the HT down both windows hit the hardtop... i don't know what to do... i will appreciate if somebody can help me... i wanted to put some pics but i dont know how to do it....
Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 PM

Thks for the help now i can Finally instal mine this wkend

Quick Reply: DIY: VIS Mugen Hardtop Install