S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Did UK Exhaust Mod.... It's loud!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Did UK Exhaust Mod.... It's loud!

So after a few exhaust configurations, I finally did the UK exhaust mod. Used 1.5" / 38mm pipe. I am also running a test pipe.

All I can say is wow, its louder than I thought it would be, and way louder than the ebay exhaust I was running. On the plus side the sound is a little better and it does not have the drone.

But it may be too much for driving. With the top down, on the second cam, it sounds like a track car. Yes it sounds cool, but really it sounds faster than it is.

It is a step in the right direction, but I don't think I can live with it. Next I will try a HFC to see if that tempers it a little. If not, I will go back to the OEM cat.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Um. You did it wrong. My UK mod with a 2" pipe and TP was only slightly louder than stock. It changed the tone, but I don't remember it "sounding like a track car."
Old 07-20-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimboslice
Um. You did it wrong. My UK mod with a 2" pipe and TP was only slightly louder than stock. It changed the tone, but I don't remember it "sounding like a track car."
How can you do a uk mod wrong?
Sound is heard differently by different people...
I personally think it's ricey and annoying
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because it is mildly louder than stock; that's why it has to be some kind of error or it's not a uk mod. Only thing that can come into mind is a leak or you blocked the hole where it comes to the muffler. Pictures of the setup?

And for you to say a UK mod sounds ricey and annoying makes me raise and eyebrow.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 PM

I don't think I did it wrong. It branches off the last bend before the muffler and takes a 45* into the flow path of the exit pipe of the muffler. If anything I would say I did it right compared to some of the "H" pipes I have seen. I copied the King motorsports design.

With a test pipe, with the top down, at full whack its loud. Maybe its because I am in my thirties, but its borderline obnoxious. I still think it sounds good, but it is too much. I wish I used 1" tubing.

I like the sound if it was tamer. Hopefully the HFC will help.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:54 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

My UK exhaust mod sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust I have heard, not overly loud and certainly anything but "ricey". Hmmm, wonder what the differences are?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't call it ricey. I took audio of every setup I have had, and this one is the best sounding. Its just louder than I would prefer.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditch the test pipe, go back to the oem cat unless you have Hondata Flashpro tuning and need the lower vtec point that a test pipe can give you.

Also, S2000 stock exhausts come up in the classifieds for cheap all the time, dont settle for yours if it is too loud for you, just replace it and sell your current one to someone local if possible.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:39 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 for something is not right. It sounds stock at all times until you stomp it, then it's still moderate. I find it hard to believe it's louder than an ebay exhaust, which I assume is a straight through muffler single. I too am in my 30's (a few months from 40 ) so I did the UK mod to save my hearing from my skunk2 which now collects dust in my basement. I do miss the skunk2 often, the same way I miss smoking. So bad for you, but so good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3gINsvgjto

Post up a pic of the crossover pipe!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by notorious9i6
Because it is mildly louder than stock; that's why it has to be some kind of error or it's not a uk mod. Only thing that can come into mind is a leak or you blocked the whole whole where it comes to the muffler. Pictures of the setup?

And for you to say a UK mod sounds ricey and annoying makes me raise and eyebrow.
You'll have to excuse him. He has nothing positive to say about any exhaust unless it's milltek.

Quick Reply: Did UK Exhaust Mod.... It's loud!