S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

coilovers

Old 04-18-2008, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default coilovers

okay before i get flamed. yes i have searched, but no one has come to the conclusion what is the best for what.

personally i want a set of coilovers for slamming the car and then raising it back up a bit in the winter maybe a few track purposes, but my main goal is for slamming.

what is the "best" coilovers for what im trying to achieve and if anyone wants to throw in what theyre looking for in the "best" coilovers be my guest.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Best" is a very subjective term, as there are coilovers that are under $1000, such as Megans, Buddy Clubs, that will do the main job of what you are looking for - slamming it. It is also the "best" in terms of pricing. However, it is not the "best" if you are looking into tracking your car, since stock suspension will most likely be better. Many people here on the forums that have KW V3's are very happy with them for the street driven/occasional track sessions, so you might want to look into those.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:16 AM

KW V3'S FTMFW! I have those!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"best" coilovers depends on ur budget, preference, and purpose of the car..but base on what u said about the purpose of ur car, get some coilovers that has a good street drivability such as buddyclub,megan,apex,tein,kw v3,function form coz these coilovers can be use fot street and track but if u r on a budget u might wanna look at megan or apex coz some of them are a bit more expensive.

but imo the best coilover out there with function over form in mind would be a set of moton coilover and have it corner weight, but if u just wanna slam ur ride and ur more for looks than performance u might wanna go with the best price possible for ur budget and save ur money for something else.

good luck...
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 AM

my budget is at most $2k give or take. but id like to get more opinions.

id like to slam the car, have some good drive ability, and maybe some tracking from time to time.

ive had tein springs on my previous cars and tein is def outta the question for me now. too rough of a drive imo.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 1,313 Likes on 985 Posts

[QUOTE=tudernos,Apr 18 2008, 10:16 AM] KW V3'S FTMFW! I have those!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:55 AM

thanks for your info. so i guess im looking for a full body adjustable? thast a 32 way right? and about that lifetime alignment? is that even an option when getting the alignment done? never heard of it.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the goal is slamming, just any cheap coilover will due...Megan should be fine.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 1,313 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Apr 19 2008, 06:55 AM
thanks for your info. so i guess im looking for a full body adjustable? thast a 32 way right? and about that lifetime alignment? is that even an option when getting the alignment done? never heard of it.
full body adjustable means that you can either turn the spring perch to slam (bad idea). Or you can turn the shock body to make it shorter and actually pull the LCA closer to the car to slam (good idea).

The reason you dont want to touch the spring perch is so that you dont reduce spring/shock travel. Only mess with the bottom height adjustment collars. Leave the shock at full travel by not messing with spring position.

32 way adjustment means the damper adjustability. You probably shouldn't touch that adjustment much...or atleast remember where the stock setting was so that you can put it back if you do screw with it. Shock tuning is difficult.

You can buy lifetime alignments at lots of places that sell alignments. It's like 2X the price of a regular alignment....but you can come back anytime you want since you want to raise and lower the car at whim.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would go with megans, i was about to pick up a set just for slamming it, but i ran into my amuse coilovers and now i can handle and a bit of slam

Quick Reply: coilovers