S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Clutch pedal wont move after install! Help

Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch pedal wont move after install! Help

So my issue is that my pedal wont move at all, well really there is almost an inch of play at the top then it is rock solid. I think from searching that my release fork my not be on the throw out bearing assembly correctly. I found this: Clutch issue but my release fork can be pulled out of location and moved around unlike the guy in the links issue. Any comments on if it is possible to get the release fork on correctly and how i will know its on correctly. I can seemingly get it on but when i push on it, still no dice but i'm not sure on where it is supposed to it and how i'll know?
Thanks guys!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a quick way to determine if you have to remove the transmission (or not) is remove the slave cyl from trans and have someone depress the clutch pedal. watch the end of the slave where the pushrod comes out. this is just to verify that from the slave cyl from the clutch pedal is okay. since you have the slave out, visually inspect the release fork for anything obvious. possible the connection at the fork and throwout bearing is not correct. anything other than that you will have to remove the trans being it a bad pressure plate, binding throwout bearing etc.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

are you sure your leg isnt too weak to push in the stage 5 clutch??

i imagine that beast has to feel like pushing against a concrete wall..
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
are you sure your leg isnt too weak to push in the stage 5 clutch??

i imagine that beast has to feel like pushing against a concrete wall..
The CC pressure plate has a light pedal feel just like stock.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by suzawadc2
a quick way to determine if you have to remove the transmission (or not) is remove the slave cyl from trans and have someone depress the clutch pedal. watch the end of the slave where the pushrod comes out. this is just to verify that from the slave cyl from the clutch pedal is okay. since you have the slave out, visually inspect the release fork for anything obvious. possible the connection at the fork and throwout bearing is not correct. anything other than that you will have to remove the trans being it a bad pressure plate, binding throwout bearing etc.
be careful doing this... i had my slave off for a different reason, and when my friend pushed on the pedal, the insides of the slave exploded out when the pin went past the seal (i think), possibly from multiple pedal pushes. if gonna do this, i wouldn't push the pedal all the way. maybe just enough to see if it will move past the original position where you said it went rock hard. and if you have to push it again, make sure the pin is retracted all the way before doing it again.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 AM

Just wanted to update. I finally got my dad over to depress the clutch while i had the slave boot off so i could watch it. It was as i suspected. i had the release fork behind the throw out assembly and the release fork was just pushing on the back of the transmission housing (I assume?) and was therefore hard as it wouldn't push through that. I got the fork located correctly and all is a go now. For those that search, when you put in the release for correctly there is very little movement front to back (maybe a 1/4 inch).
Thanks for everyone's comments and for future value and others searching: PM me if you have any questions or something doesnt make sense!