S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Carbon Creations on YouTube

Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys plan on making some kind of hardtop? I know alot of people have mugen style, but I know BBPenterprise is going to attempt to make FRP OEM and Amuse style hardtops around $1500 with hardware, and maybe even lower for an intro price. Who knows if it will still happen, but would you guys consider trying to make something like that? I know for sure there is demand if the price is right.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Oct 8 2010, 01:38 PM
Do you guys plan on making some kind of hardtop? I know alot of people have mugen style, but I know BBPenterprise is going to attempt to make FRP OEM and Amuse style hardtops around $1500 with hardware, and maybe even lower for an intro price. Who knows if it will still happen, but would you guys consider trying to make something like that? I know for sure there is demand if the price is right.
We are working on a hardtop but I'm not sure of the ETA to market.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We actually have a hardtop in the works right now. The main issue we are seeing with aftermarket tops is the fitment. We are going to great lengths to ensure that the fitment of our top is far superior to the other aftermarket tops on the market. This is even coming from a completely new molding process that we are still experimenting with. The results should be phenomenal!

Our FIRST top will be a Mugen style (as we saw it being the most popular aftermarket style). We understand there are already many versions of this top available, but again our quality and materials used will be far superior with a price that is exceedingly competitive. Details of this build will be released closer to the arrival of the top.

Release date is still undetermined. We have many projects going on right now (not including our move to a larger facility). Top that off with this new method of mold making it makes it difficult to predict an accurate ETA. Rest assured you will all know about it though. We will also be test fitting the top on either my car or another employees' car before the formal release. So it still may be some time. If I had to take a WILD guess (and I could be WAY off) I would guess the ETA being mid first quarter 2011.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! I will be looking to get a hardtop here in a couple months, but might wait a little longer to make sure I make the right decision on who I buy from. I'm really glad you guys are going to make sure the fitment is spot on, and actually have an s2000 to test fit them on instead of just saying it fits. I'll keep this in mind when i'm ready to buy one.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:09 PM

What I can say is that ONE of the materials it will be offered in is from our Carbon Creations line. Which means that it does come with a 1 year limited warranty (as stated in the video). There are no other major manufacturers out there that offer this kind of warranty. On top of that our customer service is second to none. We take care of our customers as best as we possibly can. Buy with confidence!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:17 PM

Carbon Creations I hope your fitment has improved in the last 2 years. I bought a CF hood for my crx ~2 years ago and all I can say is the fitment was junk. 1/2" gap on one side and zero gap on the other the bolt holes for the OEM hood hinges had to forced on. I still have the hood to this day and it will be may last Carbon Creations hood.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:31 PM

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with one of our products. Did you file a claim with our Customer Service department? If the fitment was truly that far off then I can almost certainly say that a replacement hood would have been issued.

Regardless - Carbon Creations has been making strides to improve its entire product line. We are currently in the process of remolding nearly our entire line to ensure better fitment, and laying the carbon fiber material in a new method to ensure better consistency.

We [Extreme Dimensions as a whole] understands that the companies that will survive this horrible economic crisis will be the ones that offer a superior product at a reasonable price. We understand this and are making the appropriate steps to take all of our products to the next level.

I hope that after you see some testimonials from other customers about our brands that we may earn your business back someday. I am an S2000 owner, and car enthusiast first and foremost. But I am also proud to be the Marketing Manager for Extreme Dimensions. If there are problems that you (or anyone for that matter) has had, then I would be more than happy to take the time to discuss them with you. I am just a PM away. On top of that, Ken has been a great asset to our company. If for whatever reason you are unable to reach me you can most certainly contact him with any concerns or questions.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Feedback? Thoughts?

What did you like? What didn't you like?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Geoff Brown reminds me of Seth MacFarlane

Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 PM

That's probably one of the greatest compliments I could ever get (regardless if you meant it as a compliment or not). I think Seth is a genius!

Quick Reply: Carbon Creations on YouTube