S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Bride Gias/Stradia or other, lower reclinable seat for Track/AutoX?

Old 05-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Site Moderator

Received 354 Likes on 308 Posts

I’ve always found the 06+ seats to feel higher than than the 00-05 seats. Including the cr seats. The padding and leather just feels a little more robust. If you want lower I wouldn’t recommend the 06+ seats.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxheadTim
Well, a Stradia is finally winging its way across the country. Should be here Tuesday .
Which rail did you end up going with?
Old 05-11-2020, 01:39 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rip_ej1
Which rail did you end up going with?
I would guess Bride LR rail. AFAIK, Gias/Stradia use Bride's proprietary bottom mount design.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bride RO actually, but yes, they have their own seat specific rail.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I would guess Bride LR rail. AFAIK, Gias/Stradia use Bride's proprietary bottom mount design.
Bride RO actually, but yes, they have their own seat specific rail.
I've always read that these were the two options. Is the LR suppose to sit lower than the RO?

Looking to get as much head clearance as possible...
Old 05-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rip_ej1
I've always read that these were the two options. Is the LR suppose to sit lower than the RO?

Looking to get as much head clearance as possible...
Bride's site doesn't list a spec for the RO for some reason but it lists -30mm for the LR. I thought they did before, or maybe i saw it in a catalog, but I'm pretty sure LR sits lower than RO. RO is usually a similar seating position to stock. I have RO rails on my DC2-R recaro in my Integra which sits close to stock. I've also had RO rails on Recaro SR7 seats in the S, which unfortunately put my seating position higher than stock--but i think it's because SR7 have very thick bottom cushions.

I'm very happy with the LR rail and my Stradia make sure to get the low cushion with the stradia/gias, it'll keep your knees further away from the wheel.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:44 PM

Yeah, there seems to be some oddity re the LR vs RO rails - I was under the impression that the RO one was the correct one, so that's what I ordered only to now find out that I probably should have ordered the LR rail. The odd thing is that the RO rail is listed on some sites as the "low" one.
Anyway, we'll see how it all works out - at least I did ordered the low cushion variant.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:37 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Guys would you say the stradia II is a bit wider than a pole position? Also what’s the most economic vendor/place to get them besides used?
Old 05-13-2020, 04:34 AM

I wouldn't really compare the Stradia (reclinable sports seat) to a Pole Position (bucket seat) unless you like comparing apples to bananas . I don't have any personal experience with the Pole Position, but I've owned Recaro SPGs in the past, and those are more "snug" than the Stradias, but that's due to their bucket seatedness. The other thing to keep in mind is that something like a Stradia works a lot better with stock seatbelts compared to a bucket seat, so you'd want to keep the intended use in mind also.

Define "economic vendor" - I bought my Stradia from one of the official dealers in the US (Evasive) because I wanted to be 100% sure that I got a genuine seat for genuine money. There are tons of fakes about and they're getting better (in the "avoiding the typical tell tale signs, not necessarily better quality wise), so buying used is a minefield unless you're buying from someone who can prove the provenance of the seat.
The following users liked this post:
512S2k (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Bride's site doesn't list a spec for the RO for some reason but it lists -30mm for the LR. I thought they did before, or maybe i saw it in a catalog, but I'm pretty sure LR sits lower than RO. RO is usually a similar seating position to stock. I have RO rails on my DC2-R recaro in my Integra which sits close to stock. I've also had RO rails on Recaro SR7 seats in the S, which unfortunately put my seating position higher than stock--but i think it's because SR7 have very thick bottom cushions.

I'm very happy with the LR rail and my Stradia make sure to get the low cushion with the stradia/gias, it'll keep your knees further away from the wheel.
Yeah, there seems to be some oddity re the LR vs RO rails - I was under the impression that the RO one was the correct one, so that's what I ordered only to now find out that I probably should have ordered the LR rail. The odd thing is that the RO rail is listed on some sites as the "low" one.
Anyway, we'll see how it all works out - at least I did ordered the low cushion variant.
Thanks fellas, appreciate all the help! I already did plan on getting the low cushion variant to get that extra clearance for my knees.

Quick Reply: Bride Gias/Stradia or other, lower reclinable seat for Track/AutoX?