S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Bride Gias/Stradia or other, lower reclinable seat for Track/AutoX?

Old 02-09-2020, 03:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bride Gias/Stradia or other, lower reclinable seat for Track/AutoX?

I've spent a fair amount of time reading through the other seat discussions as I'm looking at replacing at least the driver's seat in my 04 with a bit more of a "holding monster" . I don't want a full race bucket seat - I've had SPGs in other cars before and I don't like running them without four/five point belts. I'm also not planning to mod the S2k so much that I replace or add to the three point belts.

The main reason for changing out the driver's seat is to sit lower and make it easier to pass the broomstick test without hunching down too much . Plus some more side support when autocrossing or tracking the car. From reading here, the most popular options would either be stock seats with the Back Yard Special mounts/mods or Bride Stradias or Gias. In my case probably Stradias, I ain't feeling any younger. While the stock seats seem to be fine on the road, I do want a little bit more side support that at least the stock bolsters on my drivers seat offer.

Stradias or Gias should not hit either the door card or inhibit opening the glove box in an AP2, correct?

Are there any other reclinable seats that I should consider that also would drop my behind by at least 1" and that are reasonably easy to find? I'd prefer not to have to go look for unicorn seats that only show up once a decade on Yahoo Japan...
Old 02-09-2020, 04:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Stradia IIs do not make contact with the door panels or the glove box. The tall side bolster does make getting in and out of the S2000 a tad bit difficult.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:41 AM

Thanks. I expect some difficulty getting in and out, but it can't be much worse than proper race buckets in a Miata or MR2. At least that's what I hope.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the BYS Mount and it does help, but the stock seats are still slippery and it's doesn't help that much for the broomstick test. I've got someone nearby with both of the brides, I'm going to try them out soon. Im also looking at Cr seats but they are rare.
i tried the pole position and PCI mount combo, which I found incredibly uncomfortable. My left foot couldn't reach the dead pedal without twisting my leg. The seat back is designed for a regular torso of someone that's approximately 5'5" tall. It's not just The harness holes, it's the curvature of the seat back. And it was a pain to get in and out.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:01 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Stradia is what you want, hands down. It holds just like a bucket seat--wayyyyy better than the OEM seat. The best part about it being reclinable is that there's no need for those annoying seat belt extenders that S2ks usually use with full buckets. You can use the stock seat belt receptacle but i would suggest you buy the Bride bolster protectors because the receptacle wears into the seat bolster.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:37 AM

Sounds like I need to figure out who has Stradias and the rail in stock then...
I've driven a CR a while ago but I didn't think those seats were much lower?
I've done the full race bucket with three point belt thing, but I don't think it's that safe anyway in cases where I run out of talent. That (and some more comfort) is why I was looking at Stradias.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me know if you need help locating a source. BTW, the Stradias sit lower than the OEMS.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxheadTim
I've driven a CR a while ago but I didn't think those seats were much lower?
Only with the BYS rail. The bride's are problably what you want though. Please update the thread with pics and observations once you've chosen!
Old 02-13-2020, 03:09 PM

Definitely sounds like the Stradias are the way to go.

@.eric. any recommendation for a source on the East Coast? I know I can get them from a few retailers on the West Coast but closer to home would be better.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:40 PM

Well, a Stradia is finally winging its way across the country. Should be here Tuesday .

Quick Reply: Bride Gias/Stradia or other, lower reclinable seat for Track/AutoX?