S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best mods?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best mods?

Hey just got my s and have done some searching to no prevail on this topic... What are some of the best mods to do to the car first and you opinions on them. The car is already an excellent package but just want to hear some opinions (different filter, different intake, lighting options) everything! I don't care what part of the car it pertains to right now. Just want to hear what the community has to say on various things about them and hope to have some long conversations about what the "first thing to do" mods are.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't go wrong with an intake and a shift knob. Change your tires for the easiest change in performance. A more aggressive alignment will work wonders as well.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best is a matter of opinion. First you have to ask yourself what you want out of the car.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 PM

exhaust...
oh by the way I have an Invidia up for grab... hehehehe
Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheels, suspension, exhaust
Old 04-23-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by aCab
Can't go wrong with an intake and a shift knob. Change your tires for the easiest change in performance. A more aggressive alignment will work wonders as well.
yeah I am looking at intakes and looks like the best option for me would be the k&n fpik (or something like that). and he just put new tires on the rears so If i were to go that route I will need to get rims... I really like the V2.1 rims though and kinda want to do black in them

Originally Posted by H22toF20
Best is a matter of opinion. First you have to ask yourself what you want out of the car.
Thats why I am asking for other people opinions, doesnt mean I am going to listen to them but suggestions never hurt

Originally Posted by toniotran
wheels, suspension, exhaust
hmmmm why do you say that? (nothing personal just want explanations )

Originally Posted by 2ndTimeAround
IMO, and order of importance
1st - Fluids change them all, use search for brand / viscosity discussions
2nd - 70mm or 3" HFC and single exhaust the lighter the better.
3rd - Rims and tires there is weight to shed on both.
hm will look into that. He said that he just put new mobil1 in her and when I checked what he said had been correct. but will start doing research on that. and I really do like the single exhausts the more I look at them. and rims will prolly have to wait after she gets paid off in December.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:37 AM

1.5 - throttle cable

Can you kindly elaborate on this MOD. Is there a shorter accelerator cable for the AP1 F20C engine on the market? This would be ideal for the added touch to an engine (bay) tuck.

Thanks,
EagleDon
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 AM

I say you should lower it about an inch, get an OEM front lip, and an OEM spoiler. That will already make the car look very clean on the outside. Then I would make sure you change all of the fluids before you start modding, afterwards I would say get a test pipe and an intake. Bolt on's don't do much for our S so doing a few things for performance isn't going to make a big difference unless your about to spend a ton of money. The test pipe will definetly increase exhaust flow, and even with the OEM exhaust it makes it sounds nicer. Then an intake such as the K&N FIPK makes under the hood a lot cleaner looking, and plus it sounds amazing. Once you get on it, it will scream and sounds awesome.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

HPDE.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

open air box cover
get sticky tires
do performance alignment
install intake

Quick Reply: Best mods?