S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread v2

Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boostedda
So, I was in the market for an OEM Ap2 front lip when I decided I would search around on Ebay for a replica that actually fits. I had some extra money that I didn't mind losing $100 if it didn't fit. So here's the review thus far:

Seller Name: slipstreamautoworks
Price: $99.99 free shipping
Transit Time: 4 FULL business days (from California to South Carolina)
Condition Upon Arrival: Excellent (no bending, etc.)
Fitment (thus far): Immediately took it out of the wrapper and took it out to the car. The fitment for a replica front lip out of the box couldn't have been any better. It firmly hugged the bumper with no hardware attached. It wasn't too short or too long on either side. The lip appears very symmetrical thus far.

I have taken a few pics including packaging and quick test fit. I will upload those later today as I'm out running errands at the moment. I will keep everyone updated with the end result/fitment along the way of paint, install, hardware, etc. I figured there were A LOT of people looking for a replica so I think this will help out; Not to mention repeated threads asking the same thing

Keep in mind these pictures were taken literally 5 minutes upon delivery and NO hardware was securing the lip to the bumper. I will post more pics when I get the lip back from paint.
your lip seem to have better fitment compared to mine.

i bought mine from supremepowerseller, lip came in a big box but was a bit warped had to heat it to bend it back.

i paid 90 for the lip shipped + 20 for the paint $4 for clear coat + 5 bucks for homedepot rubber gasket for the lip. after i applied the weather seal, the lip had a much better finish and fitment now. 1 day of my time.

the paint looks very off in the picture, but its actually very close in person. i think the angle and lighting has some effect. under the sun its a pretty close match. i've sealed up the gaps between the lip and the bumper now with some home depot rubber gurd thing. pretty good for 130 bucks project. that i wouldnt care if it chip or breaks lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rugsr
Alcantara and how much?
I called around for a roll of alcantara and cheapest I found was over 100 per square yard
If the boot is cheap, odds are its done kind of microfiber or ultra suede
Doesn't look like it fits oem style though
Boot looks ok but ebrake looks like a funny fitment

chk moddictions stuff.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/934...terior-pieces/

its quality stuff and great prices.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by DR34M
Anyone have any info/experience with this shift boot? I like the ring so it sits flush with the knob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SUEDE-LE...473813&vxp=mtr

those arnt for our cars regardless of what the listing says.
there are no mounting holes at the bottom and the boot is waaay too big for the s
i ordered one of those a while back because they were cheap... no go.
dont waste your time and money
Old 05-10-2012, 05:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I think I'll just stick with the old cable tie under the boot trick to keep it flush.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 AM

the shift boots moddiction sells are awesome and pretty cheap though.
i have pretty much the full interior alcantara kit and love it
Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370361034085...84.m1423.l2649

ordered these brakes last week on the 10th and jus arrived today(pretty quick shipping). they look pretty good outta the box! i will post a review when i mount them but as of right now im happy and they have good warranty! hope everything goes well pics posted below.

how they came usps

Front were packaged w/ rear pads and hardware

Front and rear w/ all hardware
Old 05-14-2012, 02:46 PM

Warranty on eBay doesn't really mean anything. They will usually warranty your product until you leave them feedback or until you cannot leave feedback with is 60 days after purchase so be careful, but they look pretty good
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

good job! ull love the brakes!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by always@9k
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370361034085...84.m1423.l2649

ordered these brakes last week on the 10th and jus arrived today(pretty quick shipping). they look pretty good outta the box! i will post a review when i mount them but as of right now im happy and they have good warranty! hope everything goes well pics posted below.
They look nice! So they came in 4 separate packages?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
after i applied the weather seal, the lip had a much better finish and fitment now.
what kind of weather seal is required?
got a picture?