S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol thought so. Ok on a more serious note guys, i believe this thread isnt so much 100% about ebay when it comes down to it but also good deals. And i really wana spread this one to you guys!
I have been a part of a group buy the Veilside Fiberglass Spoiler for the past month with 20 people, i was the last one on the list (but first to pay) and now 10 spots have opened up which you guys can take! Its from a dealer i have bought from before, and there is no doubts on wether it will fit or not when it arrives. Best part is...its only 100 bucks shipped! I really like it, i was actually going to get the OEM one, but personally when i saw the veilside spoiler, i liked it alot more...
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2767066

Hope you guys are interested!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,May 11 2010, 12:34 PM
^^^ Hmm yea that looks the fimiliar...the dirty thing in the middle of my engine bay lol!
I dont see much point of buying an "after-market" peice for something like that. Am i wrong? If so please tell me what it would improve in the car as i would be interested!
It adds 5hp cos 1. its shinny 2. the air flows through it smoother specially the air that goes through the radiator to the fans then over and under that cross beam, its an aerodynamical improvements. You'll need lots of downforce under the hood.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM

^^^ Lol! Hey is you like it shinning up your engine bay i totally feel that!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=it'S2klean,May 11 2010, 04:27 PM] ^^^ Lol!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Hi. My name is skool u and I'm an ebayaholic!

Many of the parts that I have purchased for the exterior, interior and turbo are from ebay and probably some of the cheaper prices than even some of the used items!

As it stands, I've purchased the following from ebay:
-front carbon fiber splitters
-APR carbon fiber side mirrors
-ek foglights
-rear carbon fiber splitters (not pictured)
-rear lip valences(not pictured)
-carbon fiber cooling plate (not pictured)
-chrome turbo badges (not pictured)
-S badges
-shift knob
-seats
-shift boot
-fuel rail pressure gauge
-blow off valve
-t3/t4 turbo
-aluminum rad with 1.3 bar cap
-strut tower bar
-X brace (not pictured)
-heat wrap
-oil relocation kit
and I reckon that's it, but there may be more that's slipping my mind!

Wow that adds up after a while! Geez!

Anyway, I'm happy with everything I've received and have saved heaps of cash so no complaints from ebay here.

If anyone has any questions about how this stuff works, flick me a PM or post up

Cheers.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you running that turbo with the stock ECU and not tune at all?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,May 11 2010, 08:58 PM
Are you running that turbo with the stock ECU and not tune at all?
This thing has been turbo'd for over year now, but I just recently got it tuned. I was running on a Greddy emanage ultimate but the tune was never finished because my tuner was unfamiliar with the platform. I never took it past 4K so haven't felt vtec in over a year! haha

I am running an aem now so have no need for the EMU and need to sell it but as it stands, I got the aem form another member here and for the past couple of days, it runs like a champ and I've once again, been reacquainted with an old friend called VTAK...but now he brought some along for the ride called boost! haha
Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Wow dude have to hand it to you, thats some serious stuff! I wouldnt trust ebay enough to buy all of that... But your car looks very good man loving the red! Couple qeustions however, theres what looks like an air filter coming it out of your block...what the hell is that?! And damn...those carbon fiber splitters look hella nice... Arent splitters usually what you put on the the front of the bumper like some evo's have? i think they look terrible, did you just buy one of those and put them underneath bumper or was it for down there. I really want one of those so if you could please help me/us out with a link that would be nice!

to your car, only thing i would change is the color of fog lights.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Evo9toAP2,Feb 28 2010, 10:46 AM
Hey guys I found this exhaust for S2000s on Ebay and In my opinion It looks pretty awesome for the price. I already have an exhaust but I would like to hear some of your guys opinions on it =]

2.5" Piping w/ 4" Tips...I think the tips gives It a really good look

I live in california, but i'm registered in texas. I got pulled over for having too loud of an exhaust (stock header, Skunk2 70mm TP, and a custom 3" catback w/ hks muffler). It was def. very loud and the police officer gave me a fix-it ticket. I then through my cat and silencer on and it still didn't pass the decible test w/ the state ref. which i think is 105 max. i was hitting around 108 as silent as i could make it.

I was really short on money and had to get it taken care of before my court date. I was also really dumb to sell my stock exhaust. I then purchased a dual exhaust from AP1AP2 that looks EXACTLY the same as this one with similar specs.

Surprisingly, the exhaust fitment was very nice and the tips look kinda cool. I still have it for now cuz the police out here are very strict and it keeps me out of trouble, but I was really surprised with what I got for the price i paid.

I still have it today and I'm saving up for the infamous j's 70rr.

There is my 2 cents.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,May 11 2010, 09:09 PM
Wow dude have to hand it to you, thats some serious stuff! I wouldnt trust ebay enough to buy all of that... But your car looks very good man loving the red! Couple qeustions however, theres what looks like an air filter coming it out of your block...what the hell is that?! And damn...those carbon fiber splitters look hella nice... Arent splitters usually what you put on the the front of the bumper like some evo's have? i think they look terrible, did you just buy one of those and put them underneath bumper or was it for down there. I really want one of those so if you could please help me/us out with a link that would be nice!

to your car, only thing i would change is the color of fog lights.
Thanks mate,

are you talking about the head or the block? If it's the head, then it's a breather filter. Some people reroute it back to the air intake stream like the oem one and some people use a catch can to suck the oil vapours out. It's just to aleviate some of the crank case pressure. In any case, I opted for a mini filter. Meh, no issues yet, knock on wood! If you're talking about the huge K and N, then that's the filter going to the turbo compressor inlet and not the block, but it does kind of look that way aye?

As for the splitters, they are not cut out but rather come in the pair and are actually not badly priced. I didn't want one of those massive ones that go all the way across...even though they serve more of a purpose! Here's the link for these little guys:

s2k front splitters

You know what? I actually like the yellow for some reason; however, something about the arrangement with the amber on the front lights kind of throws it off though! What to do, what to do, because like hell I want to take these things off again! haha

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread