S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DuckieS2k,May 6 2010, 09:05 PM
subscribe!
i had an ap1 lip from Ebay, it was great fitment, sorry dont remember the seller, but it was very durable, until GF drove the car....
Daaaaammmn man hope the car had a good recovery. And look at it this way at least your girl knows how to drive stick

REDS2K - I was assuming so much, thanks for the heads up for the people on the forum, but i got Eibach Pro from a dealer / defiantly going straight to coil overs in the future.

theGRNapples - Yea man but what do you expect? If i baught CF lip for 150 flat it would be with a good conscious of knowing it probably not legit CF and/or its not gunna fit nice. Most places are 375+ for a lip (and many places will charge you for shipping), and sometimes depending where you're looking, thats just the going right for the Fiber Glass lip... Even buying that lip for 300 on ebay, i doubt it will be real CF. But hey i wouldnt pay up to 500+ for CF one if i didnt buy it off Ebay either, the "weight" aspect to putting on a lip is just garbage, and im gunna paint the thing anyway, so its watever, im more concerned about it fitting nice, which our last review from the guy has!

Once i end up making some more money, i will most likely buy one of their bumpers...

EDIT:
Looked a little into the Baysnr on ebay, probably gunna buy this tommrow...
Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 PM

i always wondered about those side diffuser, i think they would make the car look nice. If anybody know of any seller on ebay with good diffuser i would like to know.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:16 AM

to all of you that are looking for AP2 OE style front lip in urethane, please do not buy from the seller slipstreamautoworks

you can see his auction here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-04-09-H...982373415803363

he has not been responsive to all the messages and emails I've sent him after I paid for the item and he has been putting up new auctions during this period. What's even worse is that his contact number is either fake or out dated.

I've already contacted ebay and will update the situation if he finally ships the item or if there are any updates...
Old 05-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Hey, everyone. I just wanted to pass along some feedback about two eBay vendors.

The first item is a JDM clear side markers. You can see the relist here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=300423467126

The vendor “neondials” was quick enough – I ordered these last Friday and got them today via the US Mail, a week later. There was no tracking number, so that’s a little irritating, but oh well. For $20 shipped you get what you pay for. I have two main gripes about this style marker – first was that there is that glossy silver paint on the plastic housing, and second that the housing does not sit as flush to the body as the OEMs. I popped it on real quick and stepped back, promptly popping it back off and deciding to do something about it. I masked the lens, took fine grain sandpaper to the silver painted area and then went to town with a Sharpie. More acceptable. I did the same on the lower half of the orange bulbs (no sandpaper, lol). As soon as I can, I’ll post pics.

My second item I bought this week was an Alpine HU. Everyone knows about Alpine, so I’ll talk instead about the vendor of ‘Best Buy Outlet’, a subsidiary of Best Buy:

http://myworld.ebay.com/best_buy_outlet

The units are generally inspected and they’re straightforward about what you get with the purchase. Again, I ordered (won) this last Friday, and got it a week later via UPS. I’ve already gotten my Modifry (those guys really rock, since I ordered that at the same time!) and this weekend will be an install weekend for me, weather permitting.

Any questions, drop me a line.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Claus,May 7 2010, 01:16 AM] to all of you that are looking for AP2 OE style front lip in urethane, please do not buy from the seller slipstreamautoworks

you can see his auction here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-04-09-H...982373415803363

he has not been responsive to all the messages and emails I've sent him after I paid for the item and he has been putting up new auctions during this period.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Arubiccube,May 6 2010, 04:25 PM
$300 bumpers...
What you people think?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-09-S2000...=item2c5203b9b1

I really wana pull the trigger on that...

Well IMHO, VIS bumpers has been a lot better now-a-days. I got a CF Spoon Style hood from them and I literally just slapped it on and it fit just fine I didn't even have to adjust the hinges. Also I got a CF Spoon style GT wing from VIS, if you put the real one next to the VIS copy there is barely any difference. The cf weave is super nice

So with that said, that bumper your looking at is recently made by VIS I say go for it. If it an old stock from a year ago then, I'll think twice. But you have a good chance you'll get a good fitting bumper. Plus most fiber glass bumpers including the real jdm ones sometimes need some fitment work too.

I wish you were in So. Cal, I would of just say "hit me up," I can get good deal from VIS
Old 05-07-2010, 01:24 PM

painted and installed my lip earlier this week. Got it from that baysonr guy on ebay

[click to enlarge]
Old 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by buggy1129,May 7 2010, 12:55 PM
Well IMHO, VIS bumpers has been a lot better now-a-days. I got a CF Spoon Style hood from them and I literally just slapped it on and it fit just fine I didn't even have to adjust the hinges. Also I got a CF Spoon style GT wing from VIS, if you put the real one next to the VIS copy there is barely any difference. The cf weave is super nice

So with that said, that bumper your looking at is recently made by VIS I say go for it. If it an old stock from a year ago then, I'll think twice. But you have a good chance you'll get a good fitting bumper. Plus most fiber glass bumpers including the real jdm ones sometimes need some fitment work too.

I wish you were in So. Cal, I would of just say "hit me up," I can get good deal from VIS
Thank you so much!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:10 PM

I think I might just resell the ap1 lip and buy a cr lip. After seeing them mounted to ap2's it looks pretty whack. o well
Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by misterwaterfallin,May 7 2010, 04:10 PM
I think I might just resell the ap1 lip and buy a cr lip. After seeing them mounted to ap2's it looks pretty whack. o well
you mounted an ap1 lip on ap2 bumper?

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread