S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my oil catch can from ebay for $22.00 shipped. I saw the same catch can from Colakitty's car during a track day, he said it works just fine. I think its great

Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about an ebay turbo?

Open page - http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=s2000+tur...osacat=0&bkBtn=

Turbo Kit - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-S2000...sQ5fAccessories

$500 for a turbo kit....
Old 04-18-2010, 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=street_ruler,Feb 28 2010, 01:43 PM] i really like this idea too.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by 9K-S2K,Apr 3 2010, 05:51 PM
Look at the post above mine. The fact that the finish on the steel chassis brace scratches off easily means that after awhile of being on the road the welds will rust and most likely crack/separate. Also, the fact that that many people say it is 16 lbs means that if it will do anything it will slow the car down. 16 lbs sounds about right for a steel piece that large.

As for your stainless header, I seriously doubt that they are stainless. If so, they are some cheap stainless that will corrode over time. The material alone for that header in high quality stainless would cost more than $89. It might be some cheap stainless with very thin wall thickness. The welds will probably be the first to fail and your new exhaust leak will let you know when they do.

I just don't understand the reason to modify a car with inferior than stock parts. Save up the money and do it right the first time, or don't do it all. Hell, you will probably pay more by buying a replacement when the cheap Ebay part fails.

It just irritates me that companies from China are making parts for so cheap which in many cases are knock-offs of a genuine part. People continue to buy them and keep them around when they blatantly knock off other manufacturers.

I'm not trying to piss any of you off, I'm just warning people to take what is said in this thread with a grain of salt.
PLEASE!

Not everyone has the money to pay $1k-3k on parts for our S2K. So basically your saying that just cos some of us either chooses not to spend thousands of dollars on authentic parts. We are not allowed to mod our cars. Specially for track people who may go through front bumpers or other stuff that tends to break while they are on track. I don't see my self spending over $1k on bumper every time in breaks....I do see myself spending close to about $500-600 a painted replacement bumper.

I do admit there are somethings I wouldn't buy replicated, one of which are brake kits or some very cheap suspension parts. But lets say headers? It its proven that it makes power and construction seems to be decent to good. Sure why not...

How about this...good for you, you chose to buy the real thing, good for you that you chose to afford the real thing. But don't look down on people that chooses to go another route and choose to take a chance.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev!n,Apr 18 2010, 10:26 PM
I just bought this short antenna for $13 shipped. I hope it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-Stubb...#ht_1450wt_1167
I think I have that one. Looks nice but reception blows. I never use radio though.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Angerman,Apr 18 2010, 11:03 PM
damn that does seem tight. humm, someone should buy it and come back to report. but looks like u need an ems.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM

eBay lip FTW

Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by buggy1129,Apr 18 2010, 08:15 PM
PLEASE!

Not everyone has the money to pay $1k-3k on parts for our S2K. So basically your saying that just cos some of us either chooses not to spend thousands of dollars on authentic parts. We are not allowed to mod our cars. Specially for track people who may go through front bumpers or other stuff that tends to break while they are on track. I don't see my self spending over $1k on bumper every time in breaks....I do see myself spending close to about $500-600 a painted replacement bumper.

I do admit there are somethings I wouldn't buy replicated, one of which are brake kits or some very cheap suspension parts. But lets say headers? It its proven that it makes power and construction seems to be decent to good. Sure why not...

How about this...good for you, you chose to buy the real thing, good for you that you chose to afford the real thing. But don't look down on people that chooses to go another route and choose to take a chance.
I would be careful with ebay headers. The construction seems decent, but there has been many cases of welds cracking over time. As far as "cheap suspension parts," not sure which parts your are referring to, but would you want something functional to break on Riverside? I'm all for people trying new things, but I wouldn't want to be a beta tester for some new ebay bumpsteer kits.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Angerman,Apr 18 2010, 08:03 PM
for the "Rx Racing “Street Demon” Series 485HP Package " I don't see an EMS, FPR, BOV, Wastegate, or more importantly a Manifold. You probably also need a uprated fuel pump and a good welder, among other things.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kev!n,Apr 18 2010, 07:26 PM
I just bought this short antenna for $13 shipped. I hope it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK-Stubb...#ht_1450wt_1167
Got that same one and I agree with Moddiction...
reception is definitely not there compared to OEM...
its better than having no antenna, and looks better too...

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread