S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by osnap,Apr 3 2010, 02:02 PM
(this is in regards to the R&D factory X-Brace)

all I can say is wow... I got the brace today and threw it on at work. 5 minute install if you're really taking your time. Honestly I really wasn't expecting much of a difference in feel at all, but it was drastic and immediate. Turn-in just feels WAY more planted, and you feel a lot more confident taking it through the curves. I'm talking night-and-day here. I don't know how much of that is placebo effect, but honestly it was definitely worth the $130 I paid.

Whoever said it weighs 16 lbs is nuts... I didn't put it on a scale, but I'd say 5-7 lbs tops. The finish on it is iffy... looks to be spray painted, and the paint scratches off easily - but who cares, its a lower chassis brace. Fitment was perfect.

All in all, I definitely recommend it.

Quick iPhone picture:

Thanks for telling me. From what you said im soo gonna get this
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM

So much misinformation in this thread... not even funny. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Ebay is the reason so many Japanese and American companies (that actually perform R&D on their parts) go out of business.

for knockoffs.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:01 PM

9k-S2k if you would like to share with us some of this information that is wrong rather than pointing it out which doesn't do much but insult those who posted it, that would be great. But as far i as i know and am concerned, alot of the information here was been accurate for the most part and has helped me.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Look at the post above mine. The fact that the finish on the steel chassis brace scratches off easily means that after awhile of being on the road the welds will rust and most likely crack/separate. Also, the fact that that many people say it is 16 lbs means that if it will do anything it will slow the car down. 16 lbs sounds about right for a steel piece that large.

As for your stainless header, I seriously doubt that they are stainless. If so, they are some cheap stainless that will corrode over time. The material alone for that header in high quality stainless would cost more than $89. It might be some cheap stainless with very thin wall thickness. The welds will probably be the first to fail and your new exhaust leak will let you know when they do.

I just don't understand the reason to modify a car with inferior than stock parts. Save up the money and do it right the first time, or don't do it all. Hell, you will probably pay more by buying a replacement when the cheap Ebay part fails.

It just irritates me that companies from China are making parts for so cheap which in many cases are knock-offs of a genuine part. People continue to buy them and keep them around when they blatantly knock off other manufacturers.

I'm not trying to piss any of you off, I'm just warning people to take what is said in this thread with a grain of salt.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Dude, i know people who are running their 2.5 L S2k with these Ebay headers...

I understand where your coming from, and why u would be frustrated, i totally do, but not all of us have have 800-1,400 for an exhaust or header.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by sudistiks2k,Mar 11 2010, 08:10 AM
I purchased the same top for a friend. We installed it in my garage, took about 6 hours. The instructions are very detailed and it was alot easier than we thought it would be. Fit great, looks great, and the best part, it doesnt leak like the original on did.
the top turned out great, just make sure you get the one with the five year warranty.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do have some points, but have you had any personal experience with any of the items that have been posted? I had an ebay exhaust and sold it. The only reason I sold it is b/c it droned pretty bad and I didnt want an exhaust that droned. The welds actually were pretty well and I drove it through water and everything and the pipes did turn a goldish color, but never cracked a weld or anything. I cant really talk much about alot of the stuff since I have not had experince with it. Also, the ebay lip is one of the best bang for the buck exterior mods you can do. I also painted it myself and have had nothing but positive comments on it. Iv also seen alot of things like the veilside replica spoilers that look awesome. Pointess to buy one for $400 just for a logo. I can agree some things are crap, but there are some out there that are almost the exact same thing as the real one, just for a cheaper price.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:12 PM

Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 9K-S2K,Apr 3 2010, 05:51 PM
Look at the post above mine. The fact that the finish on the steel chassis brace scratches off easily means that after awhile of being on the road the welds will rust and most likely crack/separate. Also, the fact that that many people say it is 16 lbs means that if it will do anything it will slow the car down. 16 lbs sounds about right for a steel piece that large.
I'm not sure I'm connecting your dots here. All I'm saying about the finish is that the PAINT scratches off easily. That has ZERO to do with the quality of the welds. As far as buying inferior parts that take away from manufacturers who do extensive R&D, the brace is from R&D Factory, an s2ki sponsor. It's not some total no-name ebay brand, I just happened to purchase it from an ebay seller.

The fact that someone said it was 16 lbs has absolutely zero relevance because, as I stated, its completely, 100% wrong. The thing weighs, by my estimation, 5 or 6 lbs (pictures are deceiving, btw - the brace is considerably smaller than it looks in pictures. I was very surprised when I pulled it out of the box). Someone in this thread said earlier that they "thought they had heard it weighed 16 lbs" - I was just pointing out that they had been grossly misinformed, or read wrong, or something along those lines.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 9K-S2K,Apr 3 2010, 04:41 PM
for knockoffs.
What about Walmart and all their "house brands" ? I was all against replicas until I realized that copying something that works and is decent has been around for a long time.

I will admit that the ebay header will probably fall apart much faster than a quality piece, and the sound of that sideways exhaust is the way it is because of quality/testing (or lack there of).

I would personally never put a part on my car solely based on price, but there is no reason to bash someone for trying it out.

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread