S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Feb 13 2011, 05:06 PM
I got my BaysonR lip installed, its definetly not perfect but it does look pretty damn good for how much it cost.

Here is just a small peek.

How much did it cost to get it painted?

I am getting quotes of $350! Ridiculous! I might sell mine and just break down and buy a ap2 painted lip.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I got the ap2 front done by my insurance, I broke by ap1 bumper when I hit a huge rabbit and they did my ap2 rear bumper and lip at the same time. I think for paint/install for the lip was $200. They also used their own hardware to install it, and it's very sturdy on the bumper. I would definetly try to find somewhere else b/c $350 is crazy. Just to paint it shouldnt be more than $150.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was quoted that by multiple places.. haha everyone here tries to rip people off. I was told the silverstone color is hard to match too..
Old 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just rattle can it yourself, silver or black looks fine.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM

Dang that sucks. Yeah all metallics are pretty hard to match especially when a car is aged. Suzuka is also pretty hard to match and my shop had to re-spray my bumpers since they came out a little to dark the first time. The color is spot on now though.

Also I wouldnt recommend doing it yourself. I'm the one that made all the threads and how to things on painting your own lip. The ap1 lip isn't bad b/c it isnt that big, but it chips pretty easy even if you do all the prepping. Also since these lips are bigger the color difference will be a lot more noticable. Just pay the little bit extra and have a good match and quality job done.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Feb 13 2011, 05:31 PM
Well I got the ap2 front done by my insurance, I broke by ap1 bumper when I hit a huge rabbit and they did my ap2 rear bumper and lip at the same time. I think for paint/install for the lip was $200. They also used their own hardware to install it, and it's very sturdy on the bumper. I would definetly try to find somewhere else b/c $350 is crazy. Just to paint it shouldnt be more than $150.
Does that ebay lip come with any installation hardware?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TheLast13,Feb 13 2011, 09:17 PM
Does that ebay lip come with any installation hardware?
Yes it comes with some screws to hold it in, and the front already has some double sided tape to stick on it. With this lip there are already metal plates that are on the bottom of the lip, and you just have to mount them to the bottom of your car. The body shop that installed mine just made new holes in the splash shield to mount them and it holds fine. There are also 2 screws on the inner fender wells.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the 3M tape acts as a weather stripper as well, but make sure to pull the tape off with the lip in the future. Damn i wish i would have asked you to take a picture of those two tabs on the bottom part of the lip.

I would go about and drill holes on the bottom of your lip and attach it to your car, 4 points will be plenty. While i did NOT do that, because the my stock bumper undertray was ripped off, this happened three days later when i hit a decently sized pothole going 50...

Threw that shit in the traasssshh, but i'll buy it again.

Originally Posted by Jacksparrow,Feb 13 2011, 05:26 PM
Dont know much about real brides seats or fake ones but are these real? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRIDE-GIAS-...=item45eb78ccae seems like a good price for a pair of bride seats.
For that price, it should be real, maybe a dealer overstocked. Happens all the time.
Go for it, but if your patient you can see a used one pop up on a FS forum. Hondatech has alot more flow but alot more junk too.

Ron, i know you better than to paint your own lip, i cant remember seeing someone with a front lip that has come painted other than OEM so yea you may wana cut your loses now.
The lip did not come folded??
Some lil curves on the bottom half aren't always bad right buddy??

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k, Feb 13 2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah these are a little bit longer than the OEM ones but I think they look good.

NOT for me pal.
on my white wheels, the red ones stood out WAY TO MUCH ill throw them on my honda element. right now...Just got done, give me 30 minutes to post,
Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. The black on mine look great though, they contrast with my black hardtop and stuff so they don't look bad at all. Much better than my OEM ones with the powdercoated faces.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be its on thread.
Hmmm i dunno maybe its a personal thing...and i did its not like i didnt want me lug nuts to stand out because they were red lugs on white wheels, but i didnt literally want them to "stand out" you feel me.

Heres some pictures of them on my honda element, the stock wheels on this car has more of a curve in it between the center and the outer part, with the AP2 wheels having less of that curve, i feel they stand out even more. Honestly the best solution i think is the PlastiDip if you dont have a powder coater.

Here are some pictures at different angles so you get a feeling of them.
Ebay Vs OEM faces painted wit PlastiDIp
From the very side of the wheel same distance to show you how much bigger they are on the wheel. MIXED Lugd

Combo LUG Different Colors

OEM VS Ebay

Red LUGS Different Angles

From the back to the side slightly

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread