S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ADOBOnRICE,Jan 20 2011, 07:24 PM
civichx97, my experience has been 100% the same in every possible way. I already mentioned before about the incredibly crappy communication by slipstreamautoworks. My lip came wrapped in a plastic as well. Certain parts of the lip were warped, but I tested it with a heat gun and it took care of the problem. I also have the same exact scratches in the same exact locations. It looks like you can sand it down and then have it painted over. The test fitment wasn't 100% dead on, but pretty decent.
yeah, exactly. I'm not going to bother exchanging, I'll just do heat gun/sanding etc. I'm sure it'll turn out ok. Like I said, i'm not going for OEM or show car or anything, haha. The way I drive, it will surely get destroyed somehow or another.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2PointSlow,Jan 21 2011, 04:40 PM
^ BMWchop isnt on your Ebay list
Yea sorry it was on my rough draft but there ya go
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 AM

Finally done with my index's first version, i have about a few things to look over see if anything new came up.

Some of my DIY will wind up here as well.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM

As for slipstreams lips, I got mine in a about a week after sending several emails letting him know I needed it for HC2 and if I received it time I could leave good feedback to everyone at the car show, he eventually responded and said I should have in time to get painted. I told him if it was not here by xxxx then I do not want it because I will already be en route to the show....threatening with bad publicity seemed to yield a response! I, also received it in plastic with all hardware taped inside. My painter told me it appeared to have had some repair work done to the inside with some body filler but I didn't really care because it was not visible and did not affect the final outcome + it was cheap!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Installed my ebay rotor and pad kit the other day. I've driven on them for 2 days now. The OEM brakes still had lots of meat on them but they were creaking at low speeds and I wanted to upgrade for the new year.

A+ for quality and A+ for the seller, I had them within 3 days of purchasing. I put off buying them a couple weeks back and they ended up going on sale so I grabbed them. (sale ends in 1 week)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...36560&viewitem=
Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 AM

So I finally got my spoiler from seller ailsa2009 , it took 10 days with painting and shipping to get to me, and it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!, seller communitcated well, price was 145$ shipped and painted , got the color I wanted for all the people that laughed and said they didnt have s2k colors, the seller ask for the paint code and he said he could do it!! came well packaged... well what esle can I say 4.8 stars ....

fitment is well, wing is light not heavy, also in the pics , the 3M tape that has the red backing still is what I added to the wing to mount on my car, it came with smaller 3M tape , but since I didnt want to drill I added some heavy duty 3M tape
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, the color seems to match Suzuka pretty well also.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MrKlean187,Jan 25 2011, 09:26 PM
As for slipstreams lips, I got mine in a about a week after sending several emails letting him know I needed it for HC2 and if I received it time I could leave good feedback to everyone at the car show, he eventually responded and said I should have in time to get painted. I told him if it was not here by xxxx then I do not want it because I will already be en route to the show....threatening with bad publicity seemed to yield a response! I, also received it in plastic with all hardware taped inside. My painter told me it appeared to have had some repair work done to the inside with some body filler but I didn't really care because it was not visible and did not affect the final outcome + it was cheap!
I would stay away from him in the future, he seems lazy his first time around shipping things out from the over all results of people buying from him.

And about those breaks, did it make a rubbing sound when u first installed them?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by S2knFuture,Jan 26 2011, 11:33 AM
So I finally got my spoiler from seller ailsa2009 , it took 10 days with and shipping to get to me, and it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT!, seller communitcated well, price was 145$ shipped and painted , got the color I wanted for all the people that laughed and said they didnt have s2k colors, the seller ask for the paint code and he said he could do it!! came well packaged... well what esle can I say 4.8 stars ....

*pics*

fitment is well, wing is light not heavy, also in the pics , the 3M tape that has the red backing still is what I added to the wing to mount on my car, it came with smaller 3M tape , but since I didnt want to drill I added some heavy duty 3M tape
Damn, that looks great! Someone buy a Laguna Blue one and try it out
Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Driven,Jan 19 2011, 03:05 PM
Just installed an ebay lip...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-09-Honda...#ht_2802wt_1165

It's the AP2 "amuse" lip... $85 + shipping made it a $115 lip. Add in $15 rattle can spray paint... it was $130 installed.

I should mention that my car is a track whore and NOT a parking lot whore. My front bumper has more rock dents/chips than a truck. My last lip broke off because of a few high speed impacts with cones (none of which were me driving, unfortunately). So, if you're a queen who is concerned about lip gap, brand logos, or high quality paint jobs... this may disturb you.

Fitment is maybe 8.5/10. I could use a heat gun and smooth it out more... but, I just wanted to put it on so I have something less of an eye-sore when I build the splitter.
because of your pictures, I will be buying this lip now..

haha thanks

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread