S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,Dec 20 2010, 05:31 PM
Poctures arent working Mind hosting it on Tinypic.com
Still? I re-did them using dropbox and it they loaded on my work computer when i checked a few minutes ago...now im seeing a question mark...

Im about to throw my computer out the window!! Why are the pics appearing on my comp when i paste the link and the pics are HUGE...I took them with my android incredible and "shared" them with facebook first, tried to post them using FB...No go, then did the same with dropbox, still a nogo...
Old 12-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I still just see red X's.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Dec 20 2010, 03:31 PM
Avoid snorkels man. I honestly think they are more of a restriction than better airflow how they kink down so thin. I would get an AUT style cooling plate. I had one with my OEM airbox and it goes around the inlet of the airbox perfectly. That was you arent restricting any airflow to the airbox inlet, and it will suck in cool air from the front bumper instead of the hot engine bay air.
It looks like biggest restriction on the snorkel is just past the rad support, I cant imagine the other panel having anymore clearance as they are both limited in clearance by the hood. Maybe just buy a snorkel and cut it off where your cooling plate finishes?
Old 12-20-2010, 02:56 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

photobucket.com works well, upload and the copy the IMG code, paste this to your post.

your pics are working...HUGE!!!!!! with photobucket you can resize easily as well...
Old 12-20-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by -Jordan-,Dec 20 2010, 06:55 PM
It looks like biggest restriction on the snorkel is just past the rad support, I cant imagine the other panel having anymore clearance as they are both limited in clearance by the hood. Maybe just buy a snorkel and cut it off where your cooling plate finishes?
That is true, but on a snorkel you are still only limited by the amount of air that can go through that little duct. The AUT cooling plate traps air under it and it sucks it into the scoop, into the airbox. A snorkel doesnt have that big of an opening so throttle response probably won't be as good as the AUT plate since it has the whole opening of the front bumper to get air from, not just a small part. I know its probably not a noticable difference, but I still wouldnt get a snorkel. Plus they look tacky if you don't have a nice cooling plate to go with it too, and the AUT plate already finishes off the look very nicely, does the job just as good if not better, and fits perfectly.

This is all just my opinion man, you can do whatever but I would get an AUT plate over a snorkel anyday.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Let's see I had a scratch on the bottom of my door so I decided to go to the Honda dealer to buy oem touch up paint. The silverstone was too dark, way to dark. Then years later I got into a wreck and banged up my front bumper and driver side fender. I took it to a high quality professional shop. Well... The paint didn't match but they did paint my driver side door to blend it in. But they didn't paint my passenger fender and the new paint is lighter than my old paint.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 PM

anybody seen this? or have any experience with the seller? thought it looked interesting..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-S2000...d#ht_1788wt_772
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot about this thread. Here's mine.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Dec 20 2010, 06:31 PM
Avoid snorkels man. I honestly think they are more of a restriction than better airflow how they kink down so thin. I would get an AUT style cooling plate. I had one with my OEM airbox and it goes around the inlet of the airbox perfectly. That was you arent restricting any airflow to the airbox inlet, and it will suck in cool air from the front bumper instead of the hot engine bay air.
I Agree, but to an extent, i have a AUT, it does the job (i think); however, AUT's aren't perfect either, don't forget that the bottom is still open and the bottom of intake inlet is completely exposed to radiator heat where with a snorkel that is not the case moreover you get a ram effect (maybe more pressurized air?) since its a closed tube going strait to the outside of the bumper. and also like -jordan- says, clearance difference among the two options isn't that much different , you just don't notice it with the AUT cause you don't get to see the bottom...
just my uneducated opinion
Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 AM

Max, i honestly dont see what the problem is with the snorkel i see alot of them being run. Btw is that your girl in your icon?

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread