S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried going through the thread, is there any word on the fitment or any reviews on a BYS style spoiler?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Nov 29 2010, 09:46 AM
I tried going through the thread, is there any word on the fitment or any reviews on a BYS style spoiler?

I have it. Perfect fit no issues. I will take pics once I add some LEDs to it. There was a review on the site somewhere but I am not sure where its at..
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shuluke,Nov 29 2010, 12:54 PM
I have it. Perfect fit no issues. I will take pics once I add some LEDs to it. There was a review on the site somewhere but I am not sure where its at..
Do you remember the seller?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Nov 29 2010, 12:07 PM
Do you remember the seller?
EDITED: Seller is directparts4u.

You know I cant quite remember... But I found a pic. Sorry its not the whole thing but you can see it fits real well. If I remember correctly we had a slight tightness on one screw putting it in. It is really nice otherwise.

Name:  112820103214.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  65.7 KB
Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

bought an ap1 lip from ebay baysonr like previous peeps mentioned. terrible fitment. maybe its a hit or a miss. I am in the process of getting my refund. Wasted time removing bumper and trying to heat it up to make it Fit.
This picture is upside down. One side had almost a 2" gap. The lip is too long.
I can heat it up, but whats that going to do? Magically fit?
At least the seller is not being shady about it.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by sk8ter4life,Nov 29 2010, 02:57 PM
bought an ap1 lip from ebay baysonr like previous peeps mentioned. terrible fitment. maybe its a hit or a miss. I am in the process of getting my refund. Wasted time removing bumper and trying to heat it up to make it Fit.
Ah man.. I just purchased a lip from them today..
Old 11-29-2010, 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=chubbychu,Nov 15 2010, 12:18 AM]So guys I went ahead and purchased the prepainted Ebay Spoiler by bcmoto in Taiwan.

Cost around $120.00 shipped. Paint was good. the top surface of the wing isn't perfect. You can tell it's fiberglass in the sunlight, but...i mean for a small piece, it works. Again, the paint is good; but then again It was GPW, and white is fairly hard to mess up.

My core complaint is the fitment on bottom. Depending on how you line it up, the middle and sides of the spoiler is a little too thick and needs to be sanded down. About 2 hours worth of sanding and pre-fitting.

Mounting bolts are included, but the pre-drilled holes don't line up to where the stock holes should be. And also, it doesn't use studs like the OEM spoiler to drop into your drilled holes.

since there is so much ambiguity in where you can place the wing, it gets a little difficult to keep it straight. And especially with the 3m tape holding it down; once you commit to a position, it's pretty much on there for good. If you take it off after you apply it, you might have to buy new tape. For those of you really wondering about whether or not tape will hold the wing down...Trust me with the REAL 3M Moulding Tape, it's real hard to pull off and theres no forseeable amount of turbulence that'll rip it off. (and if it DOES rip off, it's just an excuse to buy a new one?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM

Just got my painted lug's from Traderightly via Ebay so heres the review. Overall rating... 5/10...dont do it
Conclusion: Black ones from him seem to be fine as they are powdercoated, the red ones are not. But he did respond to me. Should be safe getting black ones, but NOTE they are slightly longer than OEM so they stick out a little bit more.

Pictures will explain most, but here an over view. Shipping was pretty fast, he was very fast in responding to email, but when i received it i could only roll my eyes. I opened the box to pull the lugs out in just a simple paper mailing envelope. Not wrapped in bubble wrap or even some news paper, no just 20 painted lugs next to each other rubbing against each other. Brilliant, why offer a decent deal, do the work, and than screw it up over that...I mean its not the most professionally painted lugs, 20 bucks...meh, these are not powder coated.
As soon as i took it out of the bag the first thing i saw was the shavings off paint that came off during the shipping fall out. Great...
Anyway, out of the 20, i would say there isnt one perfect one because they are all lacking some of the paint somewhere on the lug. But out of the 20, 8 of the faces of the lugs (parts which are showing when installed) are still flush, and another 4 which are only scratched lightly ontop so i can still mount them without shaking my head when looking at them. But than there are 7 which are show badly scratched on the top im not going to put test fit the good ones on when i get my car back monday and if it's not ruined completely tightening i will most likely get another set, 13/20 lugs face are nice enough to mount so far

Heres what he sent it in. This was within the standard box for anything thats not paper, plenty of space to jiggle around in.
Name:  Screenshot2010-11-30at122234AM.png
Views: 12
Size:  87.4 KB

Picture of all 20 lugs.
Top row is the best faces, you can still see scratches but thats just because of the flash.
The middle ones are the mediocre ones, i actually ended up considering a few of them to be ok as well.
Name:  Lugs.png
Views: 28
Size:  659.4 KB

Heres two shots of the lugs which are so bad they are not making it near my car...
Name:  LugBad2.png
Size:  596.6 KB

Name:  Lugbad1.jpg
Size:  60.6 KB

Heres a little video i took with the iphone instead of fish eye because it was at night and did surprisingly well on focus. Plus i don't get ecstatic on photographing this kind of condition of a received product.

If there in the second pile and you cant see the damage on it, trust me it's there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqB-m0Fn8vY
Will start own thread when apply'd on car.
Put it on the car, to dark for my red calipers, and they are too long.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man, I would message him and tell him you want another set since those were damaged. Or you should go get the faces of them powdercoated like I did my OEM lugs. I would only do the faces since powdercoat will even peel under torque, I cant even imagine how bad those painted ones would look.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Nov 30 2010, 09:14 AM
Wow man, I would message him and tell him you want another set since those were damaged. Or you should go get the faces of them powdercoated like I did my OEM lugs. I would only do the faces since powdercoat will even peel under torque, I cant even imagine how bad those painted ones would look.
I agree with asking him to send another set individually wrapped. How much was powdercoating the bolts?

Quick Reply: Best Ebay S2k Parts Thread