S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

AP2 increase redline!...need help!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AP1 ecu. Honda gave us a large safety margin, they just figured that AP2 owners are worse drivers so they knocked it down a bit, you should be good to go.

I kid.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

JEEZ........ELISTAN AND ANIME BEEN HERE FOREVER!!!!!!! jeez... old farts! hahahah

I've been contiplating this as well. But im getting struck by the lightning *s2k* GODS and telling me to chill so i am.

People have been doing it but the problem isnt whether IF or not it will work, because it WILL.........The question is, how long will your motor last. I suppose you should have some extra set of cash in hand to buy another motor just incase. But so far the longest i've read with the AP1 ecu/AP2 motor setup is 30k.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on how hard you drive it, Sandy. If you sit at 8500RPM all day long, then, yes, it won't last as long. If you only occasionally hit 8500RPM, then the longevity of the mod is increased
Old 12-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Well obviously thats pretty much common sense dontcha think?

But obviously its gonna depend on the driver as well. How often does the driver redline or reach the 8500k mark? Well he/she be able to contain themselves from hitting that mark all the time.

Personally this Gentleman wants to rev to 9k, and its been happening for folks, But not enough of them to record and say hey, its reliable and wont hurt much.

8500 is probably the safest to take the ap2, as a few company's have done, and set limits to. Hondata, greddy, ect. But you dont read about them revving to 9k as the OP wants. Thats from what i know, and i'm still learning here as well so please someone chime in to correct.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neutered Sputniks,Dec 6 2007, 01:57 PM
It depends on how hard you drive it, Sandy. If you sit at 8500RPM all day long, then, yes, it won't last as long. If you only occasionally hit 8500RPM, then the longevity of the mod is increased
true, but a person who wants to increase their redline definitely doesn't take it easy on their car.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not entirely true, Tonster. I want a longer VTEC range b/c I have a lighter flywheel than stock so I drop out of VTEC too easily at 8K. It also gives me a bit more overhead to run through before shifting while on the track - can make the difference between shifting immediately after a turn or having to be in the wrong gear during the turn or shifting mid-turn...
Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wouldn't adjusting the diff gear address the problems you've outlined and pose less of a potential risk?

I wouldn't think your flywheel would affect your staying in the right rev range, while the gearing on the AP2 transmission may. One of the local members decided to go with an AP2 tranny but knew it would change the way he was used to shifting on the track, possibly for the worse.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:26 PM

what I'm saying is...becoz I want to raise its redline because I want some more rpm or vtec range(I'm contented with the 6k vtec kick in) just for weekend races/track use...I'm not saying that I will drive it at redline at daily driving my s2k is a '08
Old 12-06-2007, 06:34 PM

you have an 08? and you want to drive your s2k to 9k already?

Umm...i'mma gonna have to tell you this before the higher ups will because your prolly gonna get flamed for this... but uh...you might wanna drive your car first? Learn it? and let you become 1 with your car.

Have you ever had an S2000? Or is this your first?

This is my first, have had it since june of this year, Love the car, and want to soop the hell out of it. But VERY WISE individuals have been kind enough to pull me to the side to smack me upside the head to let me know that all of what i THOUGHT i knew.... I dont know jack. AND I COME FROM 400 HP ECLIPSES!

This is a VERY Different animal. and not a very forgiving one at that.

Trust me when i say.. I'm trying to find every way possible and different scenarios to soop up the S just short of FI. I'm a newbie, so everything I'm thinking now.........has Already been thought of.

Just wanna help ya out a lil since i know exactly how ya feel.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=Neutered Sputniks,Dec 6 2007, 05:52 PM] That's not entirely true, Tonster.

Quick Reply: AP2 increase redline!...need help!