S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Alternatives to Heeltoe/Fastline locking hardtop buttons?

Old 07-30-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Alternatives to Heeltoe/Fastline locking hardtop buttons?

I put in an order for Heeltoe hardtop locks about a month ago but they're backordered and I've been told it will be another 6+ weeks and I really can't wait that long. Are there any orther alternatives to these locks for hardtop anti-theft? I've searched but everyone just talks about these.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Banned
Member (Premium)Vendor - Emerging
Banned

Received 130 Likes on 113 Posts

Nope, they are worth the wait(I've had them for 5 years). Only other option is fixed mounts you might run into noise/rattles and leak issues, if you don't adjust the hardtop fitment. I know Heeltoe/Marcus well, if that is the ETA they have, I wouldn't worried about being scammed or never receiving your parts. I actually need to order another set myself. Did you choose black or red?

Last edited by jackmugen02; 07-30-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Alloy Craft made some (I don't know if he still does). They were more permanent though. They are a bracket that bolts to the frame and the hardtop. It requires removing several interior trim panels to install/ remove, so they are not recommended for people that frequently remove their hardtop.

My Alloy Craft hardtop locks have never made a noise.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 07-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned
Banned

Originally Posted by SSM-09
Go Tuning too, I'm going to bet both don't have any in-stock though. Ballade might have some, since they sell hardtops.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by jackmugen02
Nope, they are worth the wait(I've had them for 5 years). Only other option is fixed mounts you might run into noise/rattles and leak issues, if you don't adjust the hardtop fitment. I know Heeltoe/Marcus well, if that is the ETA they have, I wouldn't worried about being scammed or never receiving your parts. I actually need to order another set myself. Did you choose black or red?
Yeah I'm not worried about them scamming me or anything. Nothing against them I just would rather go with something else if the wait will be that much longer.

Thanks everybody I'll check with other vendors to see if they have them in stock.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

6+ weeks really?

Order from Ballade as someone else already said. I just ordered a set not too long ago and shipped immediately
Old 08-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Banned
Banned

Out of stock/backordered at Ballade too. I doubt Go Tuning has these.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

I am sure they just order them from Fastline. I wouldn't put a huge amount of faith in these. I had them on my hardtop when I first bought it and they would maybe deter a thief if they were in a rush and didn't have time to sit and mess with the latches. Likely would work in a number of cases however it is easy to release the latches without using the button. My bag was stolen out of our Fit and my keys were taken along with the keys to these locks. I though I was in trouble as getting matching replacement keys wasn't an easy task. After sitting in the car and messing with the latch I was able to release them easily while they were locked.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I am sure they just order them from Fastline. I wouldn't put a huge amount of faith in these. I had them on my hardtop when I first bought it and they would maybe deter a thief if they were in a rush and didn't have time to sit and mess with the latches. Likely would work in a number of cases however it is easy to release the latches without using the button. My bag was stolen out of our Fit and my keys were taken along with the keys to these locks. I though I was in trouble as getting matching replacement keys wasn't an easy task. After sitting in the car and messing with the latch I was able to release them easily while they were locked.
Hmm well damn. Maybe one piece brackets with security bolts would be a better option for theft deterrent then?

Quick Reply: Alternatives to Heeltoe/Fastline locking hardtop buttons?