S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Aftermarket headlights

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant really tell the difference between urs and the OP's
Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
i cant really tell the difference between urs and the OP's
The headlights are very different. Bakalag has retrofitted bi-xenon projectors into the high beam spot on stock AP1 headlights and is running a quad-projector setup. The headlights linked from the OP are cheap Ebay lights that only use projectors for the low beams and still use reflectors for the high beam portion of the lights.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:31 PM

nice, how much does it cost to do it official?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Japmuscle
I bought these halo lights, and believe it or not they are basically the same quality as OEM (very likely the same manufacturing facility). Plus they use the OEM projectors. they are harder to aim, but hey for $500 its a great mod IMO!

It mistifies me as to why everyone thinks the halos look rice. Do the halos on a BMW look rice? no. The s2000 looks more like a bmw then a civic or rsx IMO.
This is completely false. Aftermarket headlights use cheap chinese made projectors that are specifically made for halogen bulbs. HID bulbs have different reflective properties and as such, the glare is much worse and doesn't distribute the light as evenly as oem projectors. S2000 projectors are revered amongst retrofitters as the single best low beam projector on the market for it's intensity and width. Buying aftermarket headlights unfortunately is throwing money down the drain because Honda has already given us the best of the best in the market.

Halo's are of course for looks and provide no real functionality. Rice, or not, that's for the person with the car to determine. Personally, I wouldn't put them on my car, but it's silly to call it rice just because someone else thinks it looks good.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:00 AM

got it done for 250-300? I dont remember, that was including parts and labor. pretty good quality projectors as opposed to those cheap ones. bixenon too so it has a high beam in the projector itself. I'm actually removing it to put a newer version of the projector (this one shoots about normal headlight width but the new one is like OEM s2000/tsx width). doing it tomorrow so I'll post it if anyone wants to see or I can just pm the results so I'm not thread jacking haha. also the new light doesn't have a halo for drl, just slight illumination in the projector.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by bakalag
got it done for 250-300? I dont remember, that was including parts and labor. pretty good quality projectors as opposed to those cheap ones. bixenon too so it has a high beam in the projector itself. I'm actually removing it to put a newer version of the projector (this one shoots about normal headlight width but the new one is like OEM s2000/tsx width). doing it tomorrow so I'll post it if anyone wants to see or I can just pm the results so I'm not thread jacking haha. also the new light doesn't have a halo for drl, just slight illumination in the projector.
I would be interested in seeing some pics when you're done
Old 08-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bakalag
Please post pictures or PM them to me I will love to see them Thanks!!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardon my stupidness but what brand are those rear valences? Do those just bolt on to the oem bumper?
Old 08-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Yea rear valence for ap1, gp sport is the ''original'' brand but I have vis replicas

uh I will take some pics of the output tonight, I've been forgetting lol.
this is the old one (new one to come! though I'm not sure if I can catch the difference with my camera since it doesnt take good night shots)

the new projector had a shroud which didn't fit so we took it off and it was black so just painted everything black in the highbeam reflector to match.

Compared to before the new one has a much better cutoff line and I noticed more wider illumination (pics will be taken when later...I hope)
Old 08-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Originally Posted by Japmuscle' timestamp='1311973630' post='20829102
I bought these halo lights, and believe it or not they are basically the same quality as OEM (very likely the same manufacturing facility). Plus they use the OEM projectors. they are harder to aim, but hey for $500 its a great mod IMO!

It mistifies me as to why everyone thinks the halos look rice. Do the halos on a BMW look rice? no. The s2000 looks more like a bmw then a civic or rsx IMO.
This is completely false. Aftermarket eBay headlights use cheap chinese made projectors that are specifically made for halogen bulbs. HID bulbs have different reflective properties and as such, the glare is much worse and doesn't distribute the light as evenly as oem projectors. S2000 projectors are revered amongst retrofitters as the single best low beam projector on the market for it's intensity and width. Buying aftermarket headlights unfortunately is throwing money down the drain because Honda has already given us the best of the best in the market.

Halo's are of course for looks and provide no real functionality. Rice, or not, that's for the person with the car to determine. Personally, I wouldn't put them on my car, but it's silly to call it rice just because someone else thinks it looks good.

this guy knows what he is talking about

Quick Reply: Aftermarket headlights