S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Are you going to this weekend's meet and/or autoX?

Old 03-21-2001, 05:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve,

On Sat. Schedule, Are we having lunch togther, or do we eat ahead of time. And I wanted to tell everyone, to TANK up first, it would be a big problem for 8 S2K and 1 NSX to tank up and it would save time!
Old 03-21-2001, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make that 9 S2K's, 1 NSX, and maybe 1 WRX. Keep em coming!

As for Saturday's schedule... "do we eat together or eat ahead of time?" I guess it's up to you guys, since I don't know off the top of my head where would be a good place to converge and eat lunch in the area. We can probably get some suggestions out onto the thread now, and decide on Saturday.

At this point, are there any suggestions for driving routes on Saturday? Anything without traffic where around 10 cars can enjoy the roads?
Old 03-21-2001, 07:37 PM

On sunday, I'm planning that we'll all eat at In-N-Out and shoot the sh!t for a little while before we head out.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by Back-cracker
And I wanted to tell everyone, to TANK up first,
Excellent idea, Back-cracker!

This meet sounds like a lot of fun and I do want to go to the autox Saturday as well.
Old 03-22-2001, 07:06 AM
Community Organizer

Thanks Prolene,

I also suggest to munch on some goods before you get there, and let's try to find a Ma's & Pa's little resturant (I'm a big supporter of Ma's) so we could eat, socialize, and get to know each other.

If anyone does own any Talkabouts, do bring them, it would save a bunch of confusions, I'll bring my three.

Back-Cracker
Old 03-22-2001, 10:42 AM

Saturday, Fashion Island, I'll be there!!

2x6spds
Old 03-22-2001, 10:53 AM
Community Organizer

That's a grand total of 10 s2k's, 1 NSX Confirmed! Looking good!
Old 03-22-2001, 09:44 PM

Here are those S2000online members that have confirmed going to Saturday's meet so far:

SteveUCI
Back-cracker
reecespieces
VTECxTurbo
REVS29K
benlavigne
Prolene
Andre
BnB-S2K
2x6spds

Anyone else? Of course, feel free to show up even if you don't get on this list.

You know what's cool? Seems like more than half the S2K's I run into are on this forum and we recognize our nicknames:

Today: 'SSX' in his very nice looking Black S2K

This last week: A brand new Yellow near where I work, I slipped his/her coworker a note telling him/her about this weekend, etc. Hopefully he/she'll join up.

Last Sunday: 'se-r' in his 3-week-old Yellow S2K

Also last Sunday: A girl in a White S2K who didn't know about this forum, hopefully she'll join up one of these days!

2 Weeks Ago: Ended up alongside 'Ben' in his beautiful bulletproofautomotive.com White S2K with the tight graphics (the pic is somewhere on s2000online).

Just ramblin... I'm gonna go finish watching Die Hard now
Old 03-22-2001, 10:19 PM

Hey guys, Count me in. I have been on a few of these in the past but haven't been in on one for some time. Just traded in my red S2K for a yellow one and I
Old 03-22-2001, 11:47 PM

Tomorrow night, I'm thinking of emailing all those on the list everyone else's cell/mobile #'s. In addition I'll be passing out this contact information at the meeting on Saturday. Does anyone have an objection to this? Let me know by tomorrow night.

For future meets, I'm going to try using http://www.evite.com . Today a coworker showed this site to me (for his wedding reception) and it seems like it would really assist in organizing S2K meets! You can set up an invitation, see who's invited, who has accepted / hasn't responded yet, updates are emailed to all those on the list, etc. It's nice.

Quick Reply: Are you going to this weekend's meet and/or autoX?