S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

WLA "STOOK-A-PALOOZA"

Old 05-19-2001, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any time one sees a convergence of forty rare things in one place the event takes on an almost biblical significance. My mind still boggles at seeing forty, count 'em, FORTY S2000s in one place. Hoo-Hah!

I had to leave early and did not stay for the last leg of the drive nor the dinner at Duke's (no relation). Nonetheless, I believe that I speak for all of the particpants when I say that the entire production was first rate. Great people, great cars, a great meeting venue, great course, and even nifty name tags. Really well done!

Let the record reflect that a good time was had by all.

Kelly Duke
Old 05-19-2001, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, thank you again for organizing such a fantastic gathering. Next time we need some organized Tech sessions (stereo, exhaust sounds, and the like).

It was great meeting all of you otherwise faceless on-line people.

So how do I go about posting some of the awesome photos I have of this gathering? The seemingly endless line of cars on PV drive is breathtaking.
Old 05-19-2001, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from Malibu, mildly sunburned, well fed and definitely happy.

Indeed, wanabe and company did a terrific job putting on the event. Plentiful parking, organized routes, reserved tables and parking at dinner, even free Red Bull (that stuff isn't bad!).

I've got to say that these SoCal get togethers improve every time. 40 cars in Manhattan Beach, 25 at dinner! There is a real camraderie developing, and I'm an anti-social shut in, so if I think that, you know it means something.

Greetings again to my tablemates, Dean, Ann, Gloria, Duy and Matt and thanks again to all who set this up, great job! I expect that next time will probably be in Orange County to accomodate all the folks from that part of the state.

UL
Old 05-19-2001, 07:13 PM

It was great guys, my face is all red now but my wife and I had a blast! Thanks to everyone who made it, and thanks to Wanabe for organizing it.
Old 05-19-2001, 07:16 PM

Hi Group,

First I would like to thank Wantabe (Mike) for hosting a great event. I think everyone had a great time and the weather just got better as the day went on. The drive around PV was fun, too bad we could not go faster.

Hey Penforhire, since PhotoPoint etc. are now charging for their site you can check out this free site.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/EpsonSignup

It's hosted by Epson and uses PhotoPoint as an engine and best of all there is no charge.

Can't wait to see the photo's and the video's.

See everyone at the next meet.

Steve (RHES2K)
Old 05-19-2001, 07:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cant believe you guys beat me to this!!!
i had a wonderful time, and am happy that it went so well. final count- close to 80 people at the meet. cant tell how many cars exactly, but somewhere between 42-45.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:46 PM

Thanks alot Mrs S2K Fan and I had a good time. It was good to see some familiar faces and new ones as well. Thanks to everyone for making it happen. Any chance I can get the exact number?
Old 05-19-2001, 09:11 PM

Both Jenny and I would like to give our thanks to Mike for hosting this incredibly successful event. We look forward to connecting with all you friendly people again. Way to go!

silver/black
Old 05-19-2001, 09:12 PM

There were 40 S2000's and 1 NSX (but it was a 2000 model so he gets partial credit ) when we left Wanabe's house for the PV drive. I counted them just before we rolled.
Old 05-19-2001, 09:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TrojanHorse
[B]There were 40 S2000's and 1 NSX (but it was a 2000 model so he gets partial credit ) when we left Wanabe's house for the PV drive.

Quick Reply: WLA "STOOK-A-PALOOZA"