S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Track Day @ GingerMan Raceway

Old 04-09-2002, 12:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1.) According to www.weather.com the forcast for Saturday April 13th is partly cloudy skies and 56 degrees. (WOO-HOOO!)

2.) Does anyone have a VCR they can bring along? I have a video with some AWESOME footage of an S2000 prototype totally kicking azz at the Nurburgring. MUST SEE THIS!!

3.) What other types of cars will be there? Anyone know?

4.) Have a good day!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]The odds that the floor mats will be taken out are 100%...
Old 04-09-2002, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harry, yep, the tops go up if it's raining. We're not that mean.

Mitch, we do require that everything comes out of the car including the floormats. Anything that is not bolted down could become a flying object should something terrible happen. Floormats can get bunched up and interfere with your pedals which could also lead to an accident. If you are really that worried, bring two pairs of shoes and leave the good ones in the car and change out of them when you get out. Once you claim a spot in the pattocks, it is usually yours, unless I want it, or unless Greg wants it!

Other cars include: BMW's 3 & 5 series, Porsche 911's, 968's and Carreras, WRX's, ITR's, Preludes, Audi's, Miatas, and possibly a couple of open wheeled race cars. I'm sure I have forgotten some, but none-the-less, there should be a lot of great cars and people.

Greg, I've heard that putting a Diadora sticker on your car is good for about 3hp. At the wheels!

Well, every forecast I have read is different, but none are calling for snow. Lets keep our fingers crossed that things don't drastically change.

See you all soon,
Brian.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:21 AM

Greg and I both have video cameras and mounts that fit into the secret compartment. Weve video'd every race so far out there. So you should be covered.

By the way. You could always drive in fuzzy soft slippers

Aquatic
Old 04-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Banned

What time is the driver's meeting on Saturday morning??
Old 04-11-2002, 07:31 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Brian -

My car and my body aren't ready for a day at the track, but if I feel better I'm considering going up to Gman to hang out with all the other S2000 owners and whatnot. What's the word on spectators?
Old 04-11-2002, 07:38 PM

Brad, the drivers meeting is at 8:30am and the Advanced run group will start at 9am. Please remember that Michigan is an hour ahead of us, so we "lose" an hour in the drive over.

Billy, the word on spectaturs is good. They are not only welcome, but they get in for free.

Talk to you all soon,
Brian.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WestSideBilly
[B]Brian -
Old 04-11-2002, 10:52 PM

I've been looking forward to this all week. Finally get a day at the track. It should be fun to meet some of the people behind the screen names. I hope you guys are all as friendly in person as you are on here. I'm a newbie here and would like to make some friends in the S2000 world. See you there!

(*We are driving up tomorrow night to get a good nights rest. If you see a black NSX and a blue WRX with a big carbon fiber wing that is us, so WAVE!)
Old 04-12-2002, 06:14 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally posted by Meeyatch1

Awwww...man! Okay, here is the deal. If you feel you're not up to shifting or doing that kind of effort, I'll let you take the NSX out on the track. It's an automatic (don't flame me...I know) so you will just have to turn and press on the gas. Sound fair?
Thanks for the offer. Shifting is the least of my concerns though. It hurt to drive my corolla around town, so I'm thinking an NSX's turning ability would pretty much kill me

Back to bed...

Quick Reply: Track Day @ GingerMan Raceway