S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Track Day @ GingerMan Raceway

Old 03-14-2002, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day @ GingerMan Raceway

Hello everybody,

SpeedTrial USA has an instructional road racing day Saturday, April, 13 at GignerMan Raceway in South Haven, MI. Our events are aimed at all levels of drivers and cars, so there should be something for everybody.

This event is $130 for the day which includes any intstruction and also your tech inspection. We will be running four groups at 20 minute intervals, so you will have more track time than you will know what to do with!

To register, or for more information, please check out our site; www.speedtrialusa.com or email me at: speedtrialbrian@yahoo.com.

I hope to see some of you there.

Race-on,
Brian.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:53 AM
Banned

This is penciled on my calendar.

Attending depends on a lot of things - weather, timing of new mods on the S2000, getting a track car, etc...
Old 03-17-2002, 05:14 PM

I am there. I will sign up, or PM you.

Just scored a trailer for hauling my car out there.

My second set of tires and wheels will be here this week, I just need to call tire rack and order my hoosiers. Look out boys.
With all the money I have been spending on misc things I may not be able to add any extras mods yet to the car. But the tires are my first thing to add.
Then the CF intake from Mugan.

I will drive out with Greg most likely Fri and come back to chicago sat with him. But if I was to stay the night and party with everyone, I will need a place to park my pickup and single car trailer. Any Ideas? please
Old 03-18-2002, 04:55 AM

I am pretty interested in doing race day, but my funds are kinda limited. I can't afford to burn through a set of S02's. How tough is Track day on the S2k? Plus, does car insurance cover me on the track???

Please advise

thanks
Old 03-18-2002, 07:46 AM

Now Harry
I don't blame you, it is ugly seeing me drive around that track. I'll just drive behind everyone else and video them.
Although I'll never be able to get close enough to you. You'll have to keep it under 5500 rpm for me to catch up.

bloomac
The track is actually quit safe, as far as tracks go. Not to much to get yourself caught up in. Mostly grass and sand runoffs.
As far as insurance, don't mention it to you agent. Its not a race, or timed event. I believe with CGI being a drivers training, that insurance would still cover you. Speed trial is a bit different, maybe Brian knows. But I would let it stop you from going. You will love it.
If you knew to the tracks, this is a great place to go. You won't toast your S02s in the first event. It takes 3-5 depending on you driving. Hopefully your tires aren't new. They need to have miles on them.
You should get a second set of brakes, again depending how aggresive you are, you'll wear them down. I can go through a set of stock brakes in a day. Plus you should change you brake fluid before then to.

If you can make it go. It is toooooo cool. Plus they have different levels for skills, which is cool. I'll be on the bottom of the pack

Hope to see ya there.

And Harry, be gentle with me out there.

aquatic
Old 03-19-2002, 08:48 AM

aquatic -

I might be able to make it. Since I cancelled my Putnum Park track day. S2000 is out the door. So, I am bringing my BMW. Havn't seen you for quite awhile! Anything new?
Old 03-19-2002, 09:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bloomac
[B]I am pretty interested in doing race day, but my funds are kinda limited.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:53 AM

Count me in with the OneLap S4 !!!

What are the rules for a 2nd driver? Just have him submit a 2nd entry form and note same car as myself?
Old 03-21-2002, 02:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Apex76A2
[B]Count me in with the OneLap S4 !!!
Old 03-21-2002, 02:24 PM

So Brian who's all coming?
Can you list who and what cars so far.
I signed up yesterday.

Stealthy I will see you there.

Can't wait, first time out is always exciting.

West side billy are you coming?

aquatic

Quick Reply: Track Day @ GingerMan Raceway