S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.
View Poll Results: Should we let Z3s in on our Fall Colors meet on October 20?
Yes, let's invite the Z3 owners along for the drive
24.39%
No, this should only be for S2000s and NSXs
68.29%
It depends on how many cars we have for the drive
7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Should we let Z3s in on our Fall Colors meet on October 20?

Old 08-25-2001, 07:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should we let Z3s in on our Fall Colors meet on October 20?

I've heard from a woman who's a Z3 owner (and a member of our S2000 board!) who'd like to join our Fall Colors Meet on October 20 and bring along her Z3 friends.

I've told her that it's ok for them to come to the clinics, but that I'd have to poll the board to see how you all feel about have these bimmers on the actual drive. What do you think?
Old 08-25-2001, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not let them on the drive? Do Z3's harm the asphalt in some way?
Old 08-26-2001, 05:09 AM

Of course!
Old 08-26-2001, 01:22 PM

Then let's let Miatas, Boxsters, and Spyders come too... now we have taken the entire uniqueness and turned it into plain-jane-ville...

Hey, while we're at it, let's invite all cars with targa + T-tops and all cars with sunroofs...

... hey, my Focus ZX3 has a sunroof, maybe I'll bring it instead...

--> you get my point?
Old 08-26-2001, 01:48 PM

I'm with Shaner........ we have plenty of our own to have a meet
Old 08-26-2001, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by charlie
I'm with Shaner........ we have plenty of our own to have a meet
Yea but wouldn't it be fun if this evolves over the years into a huge roadster cruise-in. Perhaps the middle ground is to segregate the cruise tribally or inter-tribally but have the meet be cross-cultural.

Drop Top Valhalla!
Old 08-26-2001, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by jschmidt

Yea but wouldn't it be fun if this evolves over the years into a huge roadster cruise-in. Perhaps the middle ground is to segregate the cruise tribally or inter-tribally but have the meet be cross-cultural.

Drop Top Valhalla!
I hear ya.......

But I like the fact that we have a small community. I have no desire to hang with Z3's, spyders, Boxsters etc..... Now NSX's sure we have something in common with them.

You know bigger isnt always better. At least thats what I tell the wife
Old 08-26-2001, 05:32 PM

So why are we inviting NSX owners then? These aren't people you know, aren't people you normally drive with. Do you just want to gawk and oogle their cars for a few hours? Be honored with their presence? What are they going to add to the day that owners of another mark can't? I thought these drives were for enthusiasts who like to push their cars every once in a while and, more importantly, make new friends.

If the logistics of organizing the event (ie. parking, eating, splitting the drive up into groups) can't handle the influx of additional cars, they there's a valid reason to exclude cars *regardless of mark*.

But if we're excluding people based on their personal preference of iron then we have just graduated to the likes of those "snobbish" Porsche owners that people bitch about all the time.

If that's the case, we've gotten our wish and are now on equal footing. 9000Revs would be proud.

Maybe I should bring the CRX instead. It has a sunroof, Shaner, and if I'm lucky I'll be leading your Focus with my 105hp (at the crank) of fury.
Old 08-26-2001, 06:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say that my sympathies are with Gregg's point of view. If the meet logistics prove too overwhelming, then I would be inclined to limit the drive to S2000s and NSXs (the latter because I invited them). But if we think we can handle it, then I'll have a separate group of Z3s (if they come at all) pulling up the rear of the caravan, where of course, the bimmers' handling would put them anyway .
Old 08-26-2001, 08:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally posted by Gregg
But if we're excluding people based on their personal preference of iron then we have just graduated to the likes of those "snobbish" Porsche owners that people bitch about all the time.
Pretty much sums up the reasoning behind why I voted to include the Bimmers. Plus, I know plenty of Porsche owners who flat aren't like that, and I hate to give S2000 owners the same reputation. Why the need to be elitist? Have fun and enjoy your car, but don't be down on other people for choosing differently.

That's not to say it's bad to have S2000-only events. Take the yearly Porsche Parade, for example, the Ferrari events, Miata, Celica, all sorts of single-make festivals. But a driving tour? Lord knows I go to plenty of PCA events, and I'd hate it if we all never mingled.

Besides, you might be able to convince some of those BMW drivers to come to the dark side.

Quick Reply: Should we let Z3s in on our Fall Colors meet on October 20?