S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

s2ki.com World Headquarters 5th Anniversary MEET

Old 12-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Default s2ki.com World Headquarters 5th Anniversary MEET

S2K International is now in its 5th year, and cthree has just set up the s2ki.com world headquaters at his new offices in Escondido, Southern California, USA!

To Celebrate these things Back-cracker, and cthree, along with others and with some sponsors are organising......

The s2ki.com World Headquarters 5th Anniversary MEET!

[QUOTE=cthree]I plan to have an open house at the new S2KI HQ including a BBQ once I get the place sorted out a bit more. There isn't even any furniture yet except for my desk and chair.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in!!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Me too!
Old 12-19-2004, 04:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

For the moment I am making tentative plans to do a road trip with the S2K. A couple of our friends will likely drive along in their Toyota but weather from Winnipeg south to Oklahoma can be risky in March for my car. Especially on summer tires if we get snow on the road.

It all depends on weather conditions closer to the actual date.

Perhaps Hondagal will drive along. We could start a Canadian convoy.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This meet will be off the hook! We have weekly, monthly, bi-yearly, and yearly mega meets here in Southern California (many of which spearheaded by Back-cracker) and all have been a great success. The World Headquarters 5th Anniversary Meet will top it all off! It will be the grandest of all! Hope a lot of you can come out to share the fun! It will be exciting to meet a lot of out of state and international owners that day! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2004, 04:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Attending a "mega" meet is incredible. To see sooo many S's together is rewarding. The stories, the mods, the people. There really is nothing like it.

That time of year and location will make it a bit more difficult for some of us East Coasters to make it. PAS2KNut(a CO) and I have been kicking around a roadtrip that would take us to the Pacific and back, hitting the cities along the way that have larger contigencies of active S owners. Personally, I'd like to ship out my track tires and run Laguna Seca(or any other track) with the track junkies out there.

I think the idea is awsome! Any chance of April?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:33 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! While I can't even begin to think of the drive, I can certainly make arrangements to fly over. I'm sure someone could spare their S2000, eerrrr, spare seat in their S2000 for me.

Again, looking forward to January 3rd.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Former Moderator

Do I want to fly into Carlsbad Airport or Linbergh Int. Airport?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Former Moderator

With Cheaptickets.com, I can fly directly from New Bern, NC to Carlsbad (with 2 stops) and including an overnight stay at the Hyatt Regency Islandia for less than $700.

Will we have:
  • An itinerary for the event on the 5th?
  • A "headquarters hotel" site?
I would plan on flying out of New Bern on the 4th of March, in the morning, arrive in Carlsbad around 2pm or so. I'll need more info to modify my return trip and perhaps even my departure for this area.

I'm excited (obviously) as this will be my first visit to the West Coast!
Old 12-24-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean airport? Will we not drive? It is only about 2,700 miles. Let's see, if we drive 600 butt jarring miles a day, that goes into 2,700 about 4.5 times. So we could make it out and back in about 9 days.

Okay, what airport would be best to fly into again?

Quick Reply: s2ki.com World Headquarters 5th Anniversary MEET