S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Private Event in Streets of Willow

Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Private Event in Streets of Willow

Hello S2k owners,
We are holding a private track day in Streets of willow in California on March 10th. The event will be at 8am to 5pm. This is gonna be a all you can run track day.

This is gonna be a totally different event than those you have attended before which were holding by other organization. This is a PRIVATE one.

On that day. there will be fire rescue and corner workers for the whole day. It is gonna be Clockwise for the whole day. you can start running anytime you want and come back anytime you want unless there is some accident that may temporarily pause the event.

The most attracting part is that you only need to pay $200 or less (depend on how many people going) Now we already have 20 people on the list (paid). We are shooting for 30 people, no more than 40, otherwise it will be getting too crowded. With my last experience we have 20 cars going, averagely speaking there will be about 7-10 cars running together at a time, which is very good.

If more people will be attending, the cost per person will be dropping at the same time as it will be a open book event, no profit will be made but the lunch will be provided.

Sounds interesting? Call me asap so that we can meet at least once before we go. We will be meeting at KMC Motor Sports in South El Monte, CA. I remember the address is 10320 Rush St, South El Monte 91733 something like that.

Here is my cell phone 310-666-8193 My name is Jacky Chio.

I don't quite know how to post a picture regarding last event, but you can check out my facebook. my email is jacky_4585@hotmail.com

You can join the track buffet group or SC motor sport group in facebook to look for me too.

Thanks guy. hope to see you guys and have fun.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 PM

move this to SOCAL forums. i'm sure there will be alot more feedback
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM

Thanks, i just did.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM

There will be some 350Z and RX-8. It's time for us S2000 owner to DO them!!!! (evo and sti also, to be done!)
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is this beginner friendly? i want to go to my first track event.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tuan85,Feb 22 2009, 11:16 PM
is this beginner friendly? i want to go to my first track event.
Yes, definitely.

The private track day is actually better for all skill level drivers because of the following reasons:

First of all, it might be a bit more expensive than you going to other organizations' event, but you get a lot more run time.
Second, it is a lot less crowded (especially in Streets of willow). Averagely there will not be more than 10 cars on track at the same time, which in other org's event you will have about 20 to 30 cars... this is where you make your money worth more.

Because of these reasons, people on track will not be that hurried as they have plenty of time. And we always yield when there are cars catching up or gonna to take over. So you will definitely enjoy the day.

By the way, there are some experienced SCCA and NASA racers on the day, they can help you if you need them.

None of the people who attended the last private event were disappointed but indeed everyone enjoy a lot and most of them are attending this event as they know
they will enjoy more in the private event than those held by other orgs'.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 AM

why tuesday
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM

because weekends are usually booked by large organization and weekdays would be cheaper. that's why pick tuesday... Not my decision though...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:10 PM

i would totally come if it wasnt on tuesday lol. can't skip school that day. are you ivan's friend?
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 PM

mmm Im off on tuesdays...

toHn

Quick Reply: Private Event in Streets of Willow