S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Group "Support Truck" to Laguna Seca from SoCal???

Old 12-27-2001, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group "Support Truck" to Laguna Seca from SoCal???

Hey my brothers!

I reserved a U-Haul auto transport to trailer my S2K to LAGUNA SECA, since
i wanna take 2 sets of wheels, tools, favorite pajamas, etc. and I don't have race trailer. DOH! checked it out in advance, no can do. The front end won't fit on those.
This SUCKS.

i PROPOSE the following: Lets rent a big truck collectively, and as a group take up
our extra stuff......Are there a few of us interested??? we would need a driver, but
it could be useful.

Otherwise, if any socal people have some extra room in their truck or trailer, i would be happy to rent space from you.....PLEEEEEEEEEZE, pretty please!!!

Additionally, is it possible to drive round trip and participate at Sundays NASA and Mondays S2K track sessions and make it back to Los Angeles with any Tread on fresh Kuhmo V700's???? help me......i'm melting!!??!!
Old 12-28-2001, 12:23 AM

I'm running stock wheels & tires, so won't be taking my trailer (and if I were, it would be full).

My guess would be that you wouldn't get through the second day at LS, much less back home. But I could be wrong--there are lots of others who have good luck with their kumhos. I think it was cdelena who said he gets a ton of use out of his.
But you'd be SOL if it rained.

cal
Old 12-28-2001, 01:23 AM
S2R

you can fit your second set of rims in your car. 3 in the passenger seat and 1 in the trunk.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:51 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats one long drive with tires in the shotgun position!
Old 12-28-2001, 11:24 AM

s2r, 3 rims without tires mounted? Hard to believe that you could get 3 rims with tires in the passenger seat (especially without maybe taking the seat out). Have you actually done this?

And the other problem is, having done that, where do you put your toothbrush & clean levis?

cal
Old 12-28-2001, 05:02 PM

THANKS, i think i'm set

i saw your earlier thread about fitting three wheels in the car and one in the trunk but forgot about it. Anyway, i test fitted on the passenger side but two wheels
didn't sink down far enuff side by side, on account i have driver and passenger Mugen
S-1 race seats. the hard narrow side sills won't allow it to the deep throat , so to speak. But from eyeballing it, i'm gonna swap back the passenger stock seat and i should be good to go.
now where does the helmet go.......i'll guess i'll wear it there!!!!

Really, i can't thank u guys enuff for your expert advice.....see u there.
Old 12-28-2001, 05:54 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you tried anyother rental yards besides U-Haul? The trailers vary from place to place. Sometimes a couple of 2x12s about 8 feet long help.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:36 PM

i haven't, but i am going to go out looking for another trailer.

nonetheless, i prefer not having the trailer come to think about it: less expense and hassle.

i'll very likely be buying my own trailer in the not so distant future.

hey, what do recommend for a compact air pump at the track?
Old 12-28-2001, 11:47 PM

I bought one with a rechargeable battery. The other two I own--the cheap portable ones that work off the car's cigarette lighter (or in our case, auxiliary power outlet) don't work too well with the S2k--one blows a fuse on the car, the other doesn't make good contact with the power outlet, so keeps losing juice.

cal
Old 12-29-2001, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by calc
the cheap portable ones that work off the car's cigarette lighter (or in our case, auxiliary power outlet) don't work too well with the S2k--one blows a fuse on the car...
It happened to me, too. At first, I thought I'd bought a defective air pump - broke after two hours of use. Then I noticed there was actually something wrong with the car's electrical system 'cause the radio was also inoperative. Looked at the fuse box underneath the dash and found the blown fuse.

Now I just use a floor pump. It's cheap, fast, and easy. And no worries.

Quick Reply: Group "Support Truck" to Laguna Seca from SoCal???