S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

The Gettysburg Get Together III Back to Gettysburg

Old 11-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,134 Likes on 767 Posts
Default The Gettysburg Get Together III Back to Gettysburg

The Gettysburg Get Together III - Aug 3 to Aug 5. S2000's and History.

It's time for the Gettysburg Get Together (GGTG III). Once again we'll be headquartered at the Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn for the same low rate as last year. There will be Gettysburg Battlefield Tours, a Saturday drive through the battlefield and some fine mountain roads, the Saturday night banquet at Herr's Ridge Inn and the popular Ghost Tour.

Once again this year, you can arrive as early as Thursday and stay through Monday for the same low daily rate.

The Itinerary:

Friday:
From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. We'll have early registration via email for those who don't want to wait to register. Look for the early registration announcement soon.

The meet and greet cocktail party from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. A great opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet lots of new friends.

At 6:30 pm:
The infamous Pizza Party.

Saturday:
8:00 am: The drivers meeting in front of the hotel. Drivers are required, passengers can sleep in.

8:30 am:
The Gettysburg Battlefield Drive. The drive starts with the battlefield and finishes in one of the more interesting sections of Eastern Pennsylvania. There's something for everyone, the serenity of the battlefield, beautiful mountain views and a lot of interesting curves to keep driver and passenger happy and entertained.

11:30 am-1:30 pm:
- Lunch at Dunlaps.

6:30 pm:
- The Banquet. Herr's Ridge is once again preparing a special dinner for us. Last year the food was amazing and this year will be even better.

9:00 pm:
- The Ghost Tour. You'll be entertained by one of Gettysburg's best Ghost Tour guides as you make your way through the "haunted" parts of Gettysburg.

Sunday:
Some people will be headed for home but others will get to tour the battlefield with some people who know as much about the Civil War as any historian. You'll get a personalized battlefield tour and learn history while having an amazing time.

After the battlefield tour, we'll head for Chubby's for BBQ. Great BBQ, great friends, great car.

Feel free to stay over Sunday night and explore more of this beautiful and haunting town. You can spend time on the battlefield get a glimpse of one of the most historical sites in American history.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

If I have all the parts I need to drop the S off at Evans...this would make a great last hoorah with the S in stock form and quite a convenient drive to Mt. Bethel, PA.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,134 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
If I have all the parts I need to drop the S off at Evans...this would make a great last hoorah with the S in stock form and quite a convenient drive to Mt. Bethel, PA.
I'll let you know when registration opens.