S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Dromo One Event (indoor cart racing)

Old 08-08-2001, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kuni,

Talk to UL. I know he went down there with some guys from club vtec (or something like that) and they just showed up first and made sure they raced as a group. It can be done, and it's not that hard. It will be much cheaper than trying to rent the whole place out to ourselves.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:50 PM

It`s easy, they`ll let you race as a group. I go with 8-10 friends all the time and they always allow us to.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:05 PM

Well right after I posted Rachel called me. Kind of scary how soon she called after I posted, maybe she reads the board Any way she did call me back yesterday, but I had closed my office already. Well here is what we are going to do.

If you want to do the $65.00 event it will be like this

It will be a 1 hour event and we will have the whole track.

There will be 4 6 lap races that everyone that comes will race in. Yes that means everyone will have at least 4 6 lap sessions.

Then they will take, I think it was 7 or 8, of the top finishers and they will have a 10 lap Grand Final race.

This event will be limited to 12 people and will require a $35.00 deposit mailed to me by 8/22. I hope that we can get enough people to do this event because I would rather race with you guys then some misc. person. And if we do this event I am going to see if they will do weight ballast because I want to have even racing. If you make it to the Grand Finals that is a lot of seat time. Like before if I can not get enough people then all the people that sent checks will be sent a refund.

We can also reserve the regular sessions also. They run in groups of nine so we would need nine people to fill the group. If you don't know how it work here is what they do.

You first have 6 laps for practice/qualifying and a 12 lap main event. This cost $20.00 and I will need to put it on my credit card in order to make the reservation for all nine spots. I will need to receive your check by 8/29 to make the reservation. If I get more than nine people, but less then 18. Then people that respond late might have to race with other people. The first nine will all be driving together. I am only committing to the first 18 people that want to do this. If more want to come someone else can be responsible for the additional people. We will work that out if it come to that.

What I am hoping for is to fill the 12 spots for the group event and at least 9 of the spots for the regular racing event. That way we can start the group event at 11:30 and the regular racing starts at 1:00 PM. Everyone that comes can watch everyone race and afterwards we can have lunch. The date of the event will be September 9th (I figured a lot of people will be out of town on Labor Day weekend)and I really don't know the area that well so if someone could suggest a place to have lunch that would be great. No matter what we will have the regular racing sessions.
Please post again if you are intersted and tell me which event you want to do, and of course if you want to do both you can.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:44 PM

I'm in for the $20 race. 11:30 is a tad early for me to make it on Sundays.
Old 08-08-2001, 09:09 PM

A couple of things:

1) You can make a reservation in advance for anytime during normal hours. (I think they normally open at 1 pm everyday) for any number of people. 9 drivers per race. So, you might have strangers in a race if there are fewer than 9 of us in any given race. And, no trophys here!

2) In my opinion, you gotta do at least 2 races!! ($20 each)

3) We had our holiday party there last year! We had the place all to ourselves for 4 hours!!! (What a blast that was!!!) The extra money that they appear to charge covers the snacks/drinks and trophys for first, second and third place winners.

4) The owners are nice people and it seems that they try to be accomodating. The worst part about the whole thing is past the computer when you check-in!

I think we should just make a reservation for whom ever is willing to commit. If anyone additional shows up, they can still try to get in.

Just my 2 cents !
Old 08-10-2001, 11:14 AM

Is anyone still interested in going to Dromo One besides drogers?
Old 08-11-2001, 01:19 PM

I'm in!!! That sounds like a total blast! Come on, people, let's "sign up" Where do I mail the check??
Old 08-11-2001, 01:32 PM

I'm still in!!! Dromo is a blast no matter what!!!
Please confirm the date and time!
Old 08-12-2001, 12:41 PM

Just give a date and time.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:17 PM

they changed the track!!!!!! Turn 1-2 is super tricky now =).

I`m down whenever you guys wanna go

Quick Reply: Dromo One Event (indoor cart racing)